• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Scarab 165 transducer transom install location

Bseltzer4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Good day my jet boat friends, I want to install a garmin echo plus 44 transducer on my scarab 165. I want to kindly ask if anyone has recommendations on location of transducer on transom and any pics available would be great. Thank you in advance

ScarabPapa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I have the same boat. I was wondering if there is an adapter harness to tie into the factory transducer already installed. Of course that would be too easy.

Bseltzer4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I have the same boat. I was wondering if there is an adapter harness to tie into the factory transducer already installed. Of course that would be too easy.
Scarabpapa,
My boat does not have a factory transducer. Can you take pic of yours?

ScarabPapa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Sure, when I get home. You should have a depth display on your screen. Open your engine compartment and look on the port side and you'll see a brown box the size of a pack of smokes glued to the bottom of the hull near the engine.

Bseltzer4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Sure, when I get home. You should have a depth display on your screen. Open your engine compartment and look on the port side and you'll see a brown box the size of a pack of smokes glued to the bottom of the hull near the engine.
Thank you my friend
I’m not sure if I have that. I’ll look. Appreciate the pics

shiptoshore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Hi I have a 2016 with a factory transducer..did you ever figure out if you could tie in a garmin?