• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Scarab 195id - tower speakers

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Looking to find out if anyone knows what the kicker part number is for the factory wake board tower speakers? I think they are the KMFC65 but can not confirm.

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Even if you can post any pictures of yours. The parts guide online shows a can that doesn't look like what comes on the boat. Can't get a answer out of my dealer.

blthlt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
pretty sure its the same speakers as the interior, just in the cans.

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
They are. But 8" or 6.5". Plus what can. Is it the blank enclosure that kicker sells with the wire terminals on the exterior of the can?

JCMII13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
It is the KMTES. I used the KMTES8. Fits right on the aluminum block. I did have to drill an extra hole in the enclosure in between the two screw holes to run the wire into the enclosure, as it comes out of the middle of the block. You can run the current Allen screws right through the enclosure into the aluminum block and into the tower. Just installed it tonight.

Attachments

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I actually just ordered mine this afternoon from best buy. $500 cheaper than my boat dealer. If you get a chance snap a picture of the mounting and what you did with the wire.

JCMII13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I wasn’t smart enough to take pictures of the process. Only got the after, sorry.

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just the tower to speaker connection is what I'm looking for. Are you using the factory amps? How does it sound.

JCMII13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Gotcha, I’ll grab some pics Of the connection and post them Friday. I am using the factory amp. It sounds pretty good. Didn’t get out and surf behind it it see how it sounds, but it sounded good on the lift!

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
It is the KMTES. I used the KMTES8. Fits right on the aluminum block. I did have to drill an extra hole in the enclosure in between the two screw holes to run the wire into the enclosure, as it comes out of the middle of the block. You can run the current Allen screws right through the enclosure into the aluminum block and into the tower. Just installed it tonight.
Which speakers did you put inside? Also, do they match the same blue lighting as the curtesy lights? Are the towers pre-wired for that?

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
45KM84L. The wiring is all there. You will need to take the side cushion of by the gas fill and find the two plugs. The speakers will light up whatever color you want depending on how you wire them or if you add the Kenwood controller.

JCMII13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Which speakers did you put inside? Also, do they match the same blue lighting as the curtesy lights? Are the towers pre-wired for that?
I used the Kicker KM8. The towers are pre wired for lights with the yellow being the ground and the grey being the 12v power. You will have to remove the port side rear seat the runs along the side of the gas fill. There is a connector that will need to be snapped together. I had to dig around a bit to find both sides.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I used the Kicker KM8. The towers are pre wired for lights with the yellow being the ground and the grey being the 12v power. You will have to remove the port side rear seat the runs along the side of the gas fill. There is a connector that will need to be snapped together. I had to dig around a bit to find both sides.
Is this the connector you are talking about?
20200809_182653_2.jpg

I was unable to find a reciprocal. I'm going to try and remove the port side cushion to see if it's behind that.

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just did mine last week. It does look like that is the plug. When you take the cushion off there will be a hole that you reach in right inline with the gas fill. The wire basically splits at the whole. A plug to the left and a plug to the right.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I just did mine last week. It does look like that is the plug. When you take the cushion off there will be a hole that you reach in right inline with the gas fill. The wire basically splits at the whole. A plug to the left and a plug to the right.
Cool, I will look for it. Thanks.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Got it! There was really no other way than to remove the cushion but once it was out, easy peazey.

RGanz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Is this the connector you are talking about?
View attachment 129347

I was unable to find a reciprocal. I'm going to try and remove the port side cushion to see if it's behind that.
Hi all, I am new here. Just got our first boat. A 2019 195ID. Trying to add tower speakers. I took off the side cushion and found the connector that comes down from the tower but am not finding the other one to connect it to. Nothing. Did not all boats come with it and if not I assume I need to wire it back to the front console. But where do I connect it to? I appreciate the help!

bjasinski11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When you take that side cushion off I would recommend sticking your phone in the hole and take a picture with the flash on. The other end of the connector should be towards the front of the boat. You should have the two molex plugs that are not connected. Once those get connected you will have power from the amp to the wiring in the tower.