• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Superjet

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
IMO Yamaha knocked it out of the park with the redesigned SJ. If I were to get another Yamaha or jet it would be the SJ. It makes the redesigned Kawi look like a bloated pig. I could care less the SX-R's 1500cc enginei is bigger and faster than the TR1. For me the stand-up's are all about size, weight and handling more so than all out top engine speed. If we weren't already putting back money for a house relocation I'd buy the SJ today to use for those times the wife and kiddo aren't wanting to hit up the lake.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was watching an independent test run yesterday, and this guy had thee SuperJets. 1996, 2020, and "Borrowed" a 2021 from the local dealer. He was actually able to kneel on the 2021 with the engine off. He was working to do it, but it showed how stable it was.

The new four stroke was quite a bit heavier, but it was loads faster than the other two as well. So we will see how it does. I was also reminded of how "cult like" the following is for the stand ups and how customization is key to sticking out in the crowd. Thus the reason Yamaha put it out with very minimalist graphics. It was odd at first, but makes sense, since you flat out do not see stock stand ups on the water.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes seen Finnegan's video as well. Be sure to check out the rest of his channel! His C10 project is badass! He is co-host of the awesome Roadkill show if you didn't recognize him.

I agree they kept is all white for a clean slate for owners to make it their own. Already seen a few nice graphics on the new SJ. This thing would be a great way to get a workout and nowhere near as boring as the the massive couch-sized PWC's they make today.

Now if they would just bring back the WaveJammer or Wave Blaster!! Hell maybe Kawasaki bring back the X-2...

My grandfather had a WetBike but I was too little to ride it by the time he sold it. I'd love to see a remake of it.

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn My toy list keeps getting longer...
Better build my barn soon

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This news is huge. I've been riding Superjets for 10 years now and I have an older Superjet that is set up for surf riding.

Yamaha chose Scott Watkins to introduce the ski because Scott is an old freestyle/freeride pro

This has been rumor for a long time and Yamaha listens to their customers and takes input from big names in the sport. They left that tray bare because they know we're going to cut it up anyway. Adjustable aluminum handlepole because everyone installs them anyway. Low profile hood. Tow hooks in the back. Changed the hood seal (looks like a kawi style seal MUCH better. Also looks like they have something to restrict side-to-side movement of the hood). Fuel gauge is nice because I use a stop watch on my old SJ.

One problem is that skis sink when surf riding. On a 2-stroke we drain the water and get it running in just a few minutes. The new superjet will mean towing it home and draining the engine oil a few times. Either way, i'm excited to try this in the surf. If I had space I would buy 1.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine is a 1996. Lowered hood and nose piece, reinforced, adjustable footholds and front foothold, RRP pole, ADA head, factory b pipe, lightened flywheel, msd cdi, scoop grate, impeller, thrust trim, blowsion tubbies, and more

unnamed.jpgIMG_4310.JPG

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is a 1996. Lowered hood and nose piece, reinforced, adjustable footholds and front foothold, RRP pole, ADA head, factory b pipe, lightened flywheel, msd cdi, scoop grate, impeller, thrust trim, blowsion tubbies, and more

View attachment 130963View attachment 130964
My friend has a 650sx and he bought one of my motors it was a yamaha 62t/62t with riva sleeves. I think 781cc and full port. He put it in the 650sx and the thing is wild lol
Thats funny. I’d probably rather have the Yamaha hull then too.
My 650 (not in the pic) is stock except for the impeller and bars. It’s not bad, but not nearly as fast as my friends 750s and superjets.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ever seen a 650 sc where you sit 3 wide and there’s a steering wheel that can pivot between the 3 positions? My friend just restored one. It’s funny as hell, literally a couch on the water. All I have is a screen grab of it from a video, in the middle.

3ABDA846-9C87-4EE4-B288-1C73B233C17C.png

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thats funny. I’d probably rather have the Yamaha hull then too.
My 650 (not in the pic) is stock except for the impeller and bars. It’s not bad, but not nearly as fast as my friends 750s and superjets.
I felt very awkward on his 650sx, but it's probably because every ski I owned had tubbies on them. Yeah i've seen those skis, but I never rode one. Probably it's a cool toy to tie to the boat and people can come and go with it.

This was a cool ski that I built back in 2014. It's a carbon fiber ROK by Waterdawg Kustomz in CA. It was a solid ski but I had to reinforce the handlepole bracket. Layup was too thin there. At it's core, its a shortened SXR. It had a SXR 800 motor that I ported myself, and then put high compression domes. It had nice brap with 110/93 octane mix and I loved how it popped off the waves. One of these days I will get back into aftermarket hulls, but i'll get a fiberglass Tigercraft SV-PRO and swap my yamaha drivetrain. But for now I need to be a responsible adult lol

IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This just was uploaded today. At 5:00 Mark Gomez rides the ski (he is a great surf rider), and he's using the ski how I would use it. I'm impressed!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This just was uploaded today. At 5:00 Mark Gomez rides the ski (he is a great surf rider), and he's using the ski how I would use it. I'm impressed!

That’s crazy how stable it is for not being super huge.
I’d definitely like to try one.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes the Kawi SC was a bit strange back in the day as was the funky TS with the side "walk through". One of my uncles had a TS and there used to be someone who owned an SC on our lake back in the day and I always thought it was kind of gimmicky but would be cool to slide around on. Kawasaki also had the bathtub Jet Mate with a joystick for steering. Look that thing up lol.

TS 650. It was slow and didn't carve worth a damn due to the flat hull but it was great for slides.
image.jpeg

The 90's were great times for PWC's!! I had a 787cc 2 stroke 96 Seadoo XP with the X4 hull (best hull they ever made IMO) and it was a beast slalom, freestyle or flat out racing. Of course these days the PWC's are much faster but they also weigh 3x the amount and don't carve anywhere near as hard IMO. Always wanted a 650SX and SJ but never got around to getting one, I think I'm going to eventually get a newer SJ after we get a new house. It checks a lot of boxes for getting into a standup but now that I'm older and more out of shape it should be a bit more accessible.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a Jet Mate video. I think this was probably considered the first PWC powered "jet boat" that I can remember. I have only seen one in my life when I was a kid.

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes seen Finnegan's video as well. Be sure to check out the rest of his channel! His C10 project is badass! He is co-host of the awesome Roadkill show if you didn't recognize him.

I agree they kept is all white for a clean slate for owners to make it their own. Already seen a few nice graphics on the new SJ. This thing would be a great way to get a workout and nowhere near as boring as the the massive couch-sized PWC's they make today.

Now if they would just bring back the WaveJammer or Wave Blaster!! Hell maybe Kawasaki bring back the X-2...

My grandfather had a WetBike but I was too little to ride it by the time he sold it. I'd love to see a remake of it.
Now your talk’n!... bring back the Wave Blaster!... had one back in the day!... what a blast to ride!!!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I didn't realize those were kids at the beginning. I was like, "they are really crouched down, they are not even lifting the pole" Then realized they were kids. They were ripping!

I love hearing how these guys feather the throttle like a two stroke. This reminds me of us when we shifted from 2-stroke to 4-stroke sleds. No more Braap, braap, braap to keep the RPM's up. Now, we can just full send from idle there is so much more torque at low RPM's.

They are going to lose their minds when they start modding those engines. But it will interesting what the freestyle guys think, as I could imagine, it may not be their weapon of choice.

Great video.

Stonerok

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First chance I get this year I will pick up the new SJ. Put some graphics similar to the 94 SJ and go ride before I get too old.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I didn't realize those were kids at the beginning. I was like, "they are really crouched down, they are not even lifting the pole" Then realized they were kids. They were ripping!

I love hearing how these guys feather the throttle like a two stroke. This reminds me of us when we shifted from 2-stroke to 4-stroke sleds. No more Braap, braap, braap to keep the RPM's up. Now, we can just full send from idle there is so much more torque at low RPM's.

They are going to lose their minds when they start modding those engines. But it will interesting what the freestyle guys think, as I could imagine, it may not be their weapon of choice.

Great video.
That kid is 10 years old and his dad owns TC Freeride. He rides a custom ski for kids.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks to be pretty good in the surf ....