• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha 195 vs 212

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
we are looking to get a yamaha. I like the 195 because we can bring less family with us. Our questions are?
We have 2 adults 2 teens and a baby.
With that load can the 195 pull a 250 lb adult wakeboarding and not struggle?
Does the 195 have the power to pull 3+ people on tubes or other water toys with 4 additional adults on board?
Towing and storage is not an issue.
Is the 212s worth the extra 15k or can the 195 meet our needs?
Those are really our only concers.
We would like to use the boat for curising around too. The yamaha lineup seems to offer the best all around boat for us

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Why not an AR210? A happy medium here

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@redneckanize360 .....we have a 2020 SX 195 and the answer to your questions is yes it can accomodate the people you have mentioned and easily tow three with it's supercharged engine. The Yamaha cockpit and swim platform design gives you faaar more space than a "regular" similar sized bow rider. We have more interior space in our 19.5 foot 2020 SX 195 that we did in a 24 foot bow rider we owned a few years ago. The SX195 is a breeze to put on a trailer and tow. That said, I always recommend as much boat as you will need in two or three years. So, can the tow vehicle you now have safely tow an SX210 or Ar 210. If so, I'd consider looking at that model size to ensure enough boat for the future. There would be higher maintenance and insurance costs with twin engines but there would also be the extra insurance of having two engines. :cool:

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 195 has more power than the 210. Or it should have more power on paper. All the reviews say the 195 is faster. I will look into that as well. It seems the 210 is heavier and has less power. I am tow rated for over 17k lbs and I have rv parking. It is just which boat is more cost effective and can meet our needs.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The 195 has more power than the 210. Or it should have more power on paper. All the reviews say the 195 is faster. I will look into that as well. It seems the 210 is heavier and has less power. I am tow rated for over 17k lbs and I have rv parking. It is just which boat is more cost effective and can meet our needs.
Faster does not mean it pulls better. Without a doubt the torque and pulling capabilities will be better with two motors. I would imagine maintence cost is cheaper with 2 TR1s over a single supercharged motor. Plus the 210 only takes 87 gas, I could be wrong but think 195 is premium.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Does anyone have an ar210 and can answer if it can pull an adult on a wakeboard with 4 or 5 adults on board. I bet reliability is better on the ar210 too

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Does anyone have an ar210 and can answer if it can pull an adult on a wakeboard with 4 or 5 adults on board. I bet reliability is better on the ar210 too
I have a SX210 which is same without tower. I’ve been pulled (180-190lbs) with 8 people on board, two of which 240lbs+

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a 195 and no problem with pulling and had up to 5 adults and 4 kids cruising at one point and thought it was pretty comfortable. Maintenance is just 1 engine to up keep. Sure she take high octane gas but you don’t buy a boat to gripe about gas. 😂

vramsaran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a stock 195 FSH , I hit a max of 52 MPH open ocean with three adults.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we are looking to get a yamaha. I like the 195 because we can bring less family with us. Our questions are?
We have 2 adults 2 teens and a baby.
With that load can the 195 pull a 250 lb adult wakeboarding and not struggle?
Does the 195 have the power to pull 3+ people on tubes or other water toys with 4 additional adults on board?
Towing and storage is not an issue.
Is the 212s worth the extra 15k or can the 195 meet our needs?
Those are really our only concers.
We would like to use the boat for curising around too. The yamaha lineup seems to offer the best all around boat for us
I would agree with @haknslash. We have three teenagers at home and they grow fast! And they bring friends... 240 is just more comfortable for that many people.
I have had both, 190 and 240. If storage is not an issue get the 240 for the family and friends like that.
I did love the garage storage for my 190 though, and could tow it with anything.

--

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want to and can spend the money get the 212. If not the AR210 will work great. I have an AR210 and I have had 7 on board and pulling a wakeboarder of 250 lbs. no problem with plenty to spare. I have been maxed out with people in boat and pull 3 person Super Mable no problem. It has plenty of pulling power. Jerks people right up and out of the water no problem. Even barefoot and slalom skiers easily. Max speed full out with 4 on board is 43-44 MPH in great conditions. It is a great boat and we use it for a ton of watersports and I pull all day for 6-8hours around and around. That about kills my gas tank. Handles the Great Lakes just fine as well and some decent rollers and chop. The boat is easy maintenance and dependable.

If you want to go faster the 212's will do it. As long as the $$$ are in your budget.

We have been talking about possibly upgrading to a bigger boat, 25', with the bigger gas tanks for possible greater range and a true Head compartment, but unsure if the AR250 and the additional cost is going to give lift with our use cases. Otherwise we will be on the water pulling the herd of kids and adults around for watersports next May when we come out of the winter.