• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 yamaha 255 xe/xd ballast settings

Kyle Johnston

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Has anyone had any success with factory ballast settings for wake surfing? The videos online show people surfing ropeless but i cant seem to get enough push.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Has anyone had any success with factory ballast settings for wake surfing? The videos online show people surfing ropeless but i cant seem to get enough push.
There's some posts on this already if you use the search function - from memory I think you have to fill all 100% on surf side, 50% non-surf, and try to get a list. Honestly though, even the Yamaha videos show a pretty weak wave. Maybe good for skinny people or kids, but not for regular 'murican's.

Kyle Johnston

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
There's some posts on this already if you use the search function - from memory I think you have to fill all 100% on surf side, 50% non-surf, and try to get a list. Honestly though, even the Yamaha videos show a pretty weak wave. Maybe good for skinny people or kids, but not for regular 'murican's.
I found some once but cant seem to find them again. Thanks. I've tried 100-50-0 and that was okay, but ill try 100-100-0 next. Ya I bought the Yamaha more for a family boat and for the ability to surf when the kids give me a chance. Hopefully ill get some good input I'm 220lbs so I'm probably going to need to buy some additional ballast which I'm okay with if I know its going to work. I'm not much of an experimental guy. lol

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I found some once but cant seem to find them again. Thanks. I've tried 100-50-0 and that was okay, but ill try 100-100-0 next. Ya I bought the Yamaha more for a family boat and for the ability to surf when the kids give me a chance. Hopefully ill get some good input I'm 220lbs so I'm probably going to need to buy some additional ballast which I'm okay with if I know its going to work. I'm not much of an experimental guy. lol
Only other suggestion is to make sure you're in 15' of water and to experiment with speed for your wave before you jump in the water.