• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021s Canadian Pricing

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at the 25ft range anyone have any ballpark pricing north of the border?

Jippy66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
There hasn't been anything posted from what I can find. Their website is scant on details and pricing. There is one dealer near me that just got some in, but I haven't been by to check them out. One of the guys posted a list of the 2021 boats with prices, so you could compare to that in CAN funds. But I find that our Canadian sales guys are always above and beyond the exchange rate to the point that it makes sense to look across the border and bring one in from there. With the border closed, our options are limited though.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Unfortunately due to fluctuating exchange rates, the Canadian dealers generally don't like to post prices online and they tend to order boats in groups to keep import costs lower. Due to the exchange rate, you can sometimes get a slightly better deal and can negotiate a bit as the dealers know the costs and margins they can work with. Other times you pay more because the rate changed. US prices are set and they don't negotiate as much, but you can get a bargain on accessories, etc. Same goes here in Canada.

So for a CDN price take the US price, multiply by about 45% and you're in the area. Yup that's not a typo, expect to pay 45% on the US price to buy new here in Canada.
😲
So a $61k AR250 boat in the US is about $88k here in Canada, plus tax, etc. There's no duty as it's made in the US, but import fees, GST, etc., must be paid at the border if you import yourself so be prepared for that. You will need a bill of sale for the boat, and another for the trailer, and you will need temp permit to bring the trailer into Canada. Then you need to get it certified here and then registered. Then you need to register the boat with Yamaha Canada for warranty, license the boat with Transport Canada (register if there's a lien on it), add plate and stickers and you're done. If you have the resources and knowledge to buy in the US and bring it in yourself, you will save several thousand on a 25ft Yamaha as you're cutting out the added profit and costs for CDN dealers. For me I looked at the costs and figured it was worth a few grand for me to let the dealer bring it in and a hassle-free purchase where I take it home and use it same day.
🚤 🚤
Welcome to Canada.
:rolleyes:

Vacitah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m also wanting to purchase a Yamaha although a 19 ft version. It just really bothers me that it costs so much of a premium just having to purchase on this of the border. the cost differences are about 8-14k depending on the exact model.

Does anyone know if you can buy new from a dealer in US and bring it to Canada directly without registering in US. I want to avoid paying local taxes. I know I have have to pay CAD taxes which is fine

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m also wanting to purchase a Yamaha although a 19 ft version. It just really bothers me that it costs so much of a premium just having to purchase on this of the border. the cost differences are about 8-14k depending on the exact model.

Does anyone know if you can buy new from a dealer in US and bring it to Canada directly without registering in US. I want to avoid paying local taxes. I know I have have to pay CAD taxes which is fine
As I said in my previous post, you can import yourself, but there's fees, etc. When dropping $60k+ another few thousand to save yourself the headache was fine with me.