• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 190 Deluxe low voltage/charging issue

Marco Island Life

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
There are posts about "Connext Battery Voltage Issue" a few years back. My Connext reads 12.6 when charging. And static voltage on batteries are 11.6 volts (no load).

Am I to believe that Yamaha has never fixed this problem? Or did they fix it, and I have a new isolated problem?

My boat also continuously shows slightly lower voltage on the house battery than the starting battery. After 9 months of use, I’ve had zero issues with with the batteries. Have you checked the voltage with a volt meter instead of relying on the Yamaha system readings? The battery might actually be holding higher voltage levels than the connext system shows.

Yes, I checked both batteries with a quality Fluke meter, and also the $2000 Humminbird has its own voltage reading, and it agreed with both other readings. I will not get into a pitiful explanation I got from the Dealer I bought the boat from. However I did get a second opinion with a company representative, who are experts, and unbiased on 12 volt batteries, Minn Kota. When I told him what the Yamaha Dealer said about a 12 volt battery having an 11.6 volt charge as being normal, he laughed, and said, we consider that a dead battery.

Long story short, I found a smarter than average, "Master Yamaha Mechanic" who new his job. Basically, he said the charging system on a Yamaha Jet boat can not keep Two large batteries charged to proper charge (12.6 - 13.2v), in the manner that most people use them. To little high speed run time, to make up for sitting with the engine off, but fishfinders, and maybe the stereo, on while fishing.

He said he owns 2 jet boats, and both of them has an on board integrated battery charger. Made sense. I ordered 2 bank charger, should be here today.

I might beg to differ on the Yamaha system being unable to keep two batteries charged but I agree with Minn Kota...11.6 volts, that's your refundable core.

My 17' SX190 with the Blue Seas Add A Battery keeps both charged. I also installed a dual volt meter switch and ran the hot leads directly to each battery with a screw set into the posts just so I got a true reading.

I have the same issues. Charging voltage and static voltage is always lower on the screen. I check directly at the batteries and I get 12.6 static. I'm going to install voltage meters this off season near the batteries.

Yes, I checked both batteries with a quality Fluke meter, and also the $2000 Humminbird has its own voltage reading, and it agreed with both other readings. I will not get into a pitiful explanation I got from the Dealer I bought the boat from. However I did get a second opinion with a company representative, who are experts, and unbiased on 12 volt batteries, Minn Kota. When I told him what the Yamaha Dealer said about a 12 volt battery having an 11.6 volt charge as being normal, he laughed, and said, we consider that a dead battery.

Long story short, I found a smarter than average, "Master Yamaha Mechanic" who new his job. Basically, he said the charging system on a Yamaha Jet boat can not keep Two large batteries charged to proper charge (12.6 - 13.2v), in the manner that most people use them. To little high speed run time, to make up for sitting with the engine off, but fishfinders, and maybe the stereo, on while fishing.

He said he owns 2 jet boats, and both of them has an on board integrated battery charger. Made sense. I ordered 2 bank charger, should be here today.
I agree with the Yamaha Tech, however, if the charging system is not keeping up with the demand, then it should be displayed as such. It's a software issue IMO, it's not displaying true live data. I installed a USB charger with voltage display, and it's pretty accurate because its connected directly to one of the fuse panels.

Back