• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2022 195s Missing Parts question.

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello, This is my first boat, had a wave runner years ago. I ordered the 195s in August, came in the week before Christmas, picked it up yesterday. So exciting! I was poking around to see where everything is and check out items that this site said to look out for. I also used the pick up checklist from this site, extremely helpful. So far, so good, nothing major, just some small things. But I have a couple of questions:
  1. The fuse box in the Engine campartment on the rear wall (transom) is there supposed to be a cover on that? looks like it has tabs for one?
  2. I did not receive a Transducer Plug, which I read somewhere was supposed to come with the boat?
  3. I did not get a plug for the ski locker drain? Is that Plug actually in the ski locker? I do see a removable plug in the forward wall of the engine compartment, is that the ski locker drain and plug?
  4. Strangely they added drain lines to the starboard and helm drink holders, that just go down and under the carpet, but not any of the other drink holders? Was thinking of adding lines to the rest of them and have them drain to the bilge to keep water off the carpet in the storage compartments. Anyone done this as well?
  5. I read somewhere on here a complaint about the long screws that Yamaha uses that stick into the storage compartments. I agree they are long and things could snag them, so I ordered these from amazon to cover the screws: uxcell 100pcs Round Rubber End Caps 3/16"(5mm) White Vinyl Cover Screw Thread Protectors. They work really well, you can "screw" them on so they are nice and tight and don't fall off.
  6. Lastly, can someone take a clear picture of the tube I am to clamp if I need to get towed in to keep water out of the engine. I was going to mark it with red electrical tape but I don't see anything in the manual about clamping a line. Sorry if it is on here somewhere, maybe someone can attache the link to the thread.
Thanks everyone for a great site with great helpful people.

1- They come with no cover. From what I’ve heard, the fuse box is shared with some of their jet skis and they do come with a cover

2- Check under the maintenance hatch in the stern just to the right of the jet pump cleanout hole. My transducer plug was down there near the transducer.

3- my SX195 did not have a plug in the ski locker drain either, so I don’t think they’re standard equipment.

4- I have not added other drink holder drains, but check the drain connections to the holders under the dash. The factory had secured mine with zip ties and the hoses fell off. I secured them with stainless steel hose clamps.

5- Those should help

6- Sorry I don’t have a picture, but trace your flush out hose from where it plugs in at the stern to where it T’s into another hose. That is the hose you clamp just below where the flush line T’s into it.

But I have a couple of questions:
I'll just add my observations in here too:
1 - there should be a cover on there, your dealer can order one for you
2 - look around in the back of all the compartments - I found mine in the glovebox
3 - not sure if you have a plug there, but the one in front of the engine is for the fuel tank area to drain out any water
4 - instead of hose, I used black silicone to seal the bottom of all the cup holders - if you're getting that much water in there you need to drain you have other things to worry about like waves over the bow LOL
5 - good idea, I might get some covers myself
6 - the hose is a Y adapter and you should see a red flush line merge with a black pump line - clamp on the black hose near that y adapter

Note that you don't need to clamp the cooling line if you are being towed at 5mph. Push the throttle forward to open the bucket and water will flow through the pump out the back and not build up pressure.

Note that you don't need to clamp the cooling line if you are being towed at 5mph. Push the throttle forward to open the bucket and water will flow through the pump out the back and not build up pressure.
That’s good to know.

Hello, This is my first boat, had a wave runner years ago. I ordered the 195s in August, came in the week before Christmas, picked it up yesterday. So exciting! I was poking around to see where everything is and check out items that this site said to look out for. I also used the pick up checklist from this site, extremely helpful. So far, so good, nothing major, just some small things. But I have a couple of questions:
  1. The fuse box in the Engine campartment on the rear wall (transom) is there supposed to be a cover on that? looks like it has tabs for one?
  2. I did not receive a Transducer Plug, which I read somewhere was supposed to come with the boat?
  3. I did not get a plug for the ski locker drain? Is that Plug actually in the ski locker? I do see a removable plug in the forward wall of the engine compartment, is that the ski locker drain and plug?
  4. Strangely they added drain lines to the starboard and helm drink holders, that just go down and under the carpet, but not any of the other drink holders? Was thinking of adding lines to the rest of them and have them drain to the bilge to keep water off the carpet in the storage compartments. Anyone done this as well?
  5. I read somewhere on here a complaint about the long screws that Yamaha uses that stick into the storage compartments. I agree they are long and things could snag them, so I ordered these from amazon to cover the screws: uxcell 100pcs Round Rubber End Caps 3/16"(5mm) White Vinyl Cover Screw Thread Protectors. They work really well, you can "screw" them on so they are nice and tight and don't fall off.
  6. Lastly, can someone take a clear picture of the tube I am to clamp if I need to get towed in to keep water out of the engine. I was going to mark it with red electrical tape but I don't see anything in the manual about clamping a line. Sorry if it is on here somewhere, maybe someone can attache the link to the thread.

1- I had the same question, I’m glad I found your post because I would have felt silly asking again. But, yeah, mine didn’t come with a cover and that just seems like it should. Why wouldn’t the factory install one? If that part was affected by supply chain issues, it sure would be nice if Yamaha eventually shipped us all one.
2- Mine came in the cooler. Not sure if the dealer put it there or Yamaha.
3- my plug was installed.
4- Yep, makes no sense. I did what others have done and sealed them with silicone. If water gets in them, we have big problems. If it’s soda/juice/etc, I’d rather just soak it up with paper towels.
5- Ordered and did the exact same thing.
6- Same question. Is this it:
4ED08B52-E25A-4586-A63B-8DB9A24675E4.jpeg

Wow... your original post line item #4 brought back bad memories. My 2017 SX190 had all the cup holders draining into the holds. It was already here so there was no going back to the Dealer in CA and I wasnt even aware of the condition till I changed out some of the cup holders to fishing rod holder combo's. Hell I thought the soaked carpets in the holds were from me or others being crazy with the hose when doing wash downs. I ended up plumbing all of mine into the bilge and that was a friggin pain. Never bothered to find out if I got hosed or it was supposed to be that way from Yamaha since it was the basic starter boat.

Congratulations on the new boat though!

#3 There wasn't a pug in ours either. Recently picked up from Partzilla; $6.89 ea. Part Number F2J-U280-00-00
#4 You can find post on the forum where some have filled the drain hole with silicone.
#5 Thanks for these, just ordered.

I did finally find the transducer plug and the plug for the ski locker. Believe it or not, I opened the wet locker, where the clean out plug is. Pulled the oval access cover off just to see how much manufacturing debris was in the bilge and to vacuums it up, on the starboard side, stuffed in the corner was a zip lock bag. I thought, that is strange place for a bag, and there was the transducer and ski locker plugs. I guess they thought, put the plug in there since that is where the transducer is? Not sure, but in case you cannot find yours, Look in there.

Back