• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 212 se Swim Platform Speaker questions

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Got a dilemma, I recently had a second Amp + 10" Sub to my boat and went ahead and switched the stock WS Recons for Revo (RGB) speakers.

Now my question has to do with the 5"1/4 speakers on the swim platform. I was told that there is not enough room to enlarge the hole and mount the 6.5" Revos in that location.

Does anyone know if that is correct or has anyone already done this? If not any suggestions on a simple upgrade speaker for that location?

jwilliams417

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I had the same issue with my 212s. The biggest size you can get in there is 5.25. Wet sounds recon 5 or Polk are the only real options. :(

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Got a dilemma, I recently had a second Amp + 10" Sub to my boat and went ahead and switched the stock WS Recons for Revo (RGB) speakers.

Now my question has to do with the 5"1/4 speakers on the swim platform. I was told that there is not enough room to enlarge the hole and mount the 6.5" Revos in that location.

Does anyone know if that is correct or has anyone already done this? If not any suggestions on a simple upgrade speaker for that location?
JLM3’s fit, which leads me to believe most 6.5” will fit. Obviously the fiberglass has a bend so a gasket is needed as the speaker won’t lay flat.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Where did you mount your amp, how long of RCA cables did you need?

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
JLM3’s fit, which leads me to believe most 6.5” will fit. Obviously the fiberglass has a bend so a gasket is needed as the speaker won’t lay flat.
Do you have any photos of the jlm3s installed?

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Where did you mount your amp, how long of RCA cables did you need?
Had my local shop do it so I’m not sure if the length of cable. The second amp is mounted under the helm

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
FYI, tried to put a 6.5” kicker in, the hole is too small. Bigger hole it is, if the Polks don’t sound well with an amp.

Rooster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please report back ASAP, I am in almost the same boat as you with a 2018 Limited S

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Please report back ASAP, I am in almost the same boat as you with a 2018 Limited S
M3’s will not fit unless the hole is a little bigger either.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Still trying to figure this out, I ordered some spacers which I was hoping to have prior to this weekend. However they did not show up yet. Even if the Polks sound ok, I just can’t stand how the MM’s look.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Any update if 6.5 fit?

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
No good solution, other than cutting the holes bigger and hoping it fits well.
Correct, you can cut a bigger hole. You will just need some type of spacer or gasket as the surface is curved in that location.

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Still trying to figure this out, I ordered some spacers which I was hoping to have prior to this weekend. However they did not show up yet. Even if the Polks sound ok, I just can’t stand how the MM’s look.
Where did you find the spacers?

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wet Sounds released the Zero 6 series which have a depth of 3.3. The Recon 5.25 have a depth of 2.65. Thinking with the ocean breeze spacers everything would work out nicely.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Wet Sounds released the Zero 6 series which have a depth of 3.3. The Recon 5.25 have a depth of 2.65. Thinking with the ocean breeze spacers everything would work out nicely.
I don’t think for either of them you need the spacer for depth. You just need something for the curvature, I’m hoping if the weather breaks to finally get back at this.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ok so finally cut the holes bigger. Now I need to find something to fill in a little void. I can add a picture however as I can move it around it looks worse than it really is. Keep in mind I don’t have this screwed in yet as I know it’s not straight.29601D6A-5518-4A58-A028-4B0EBE1CB316.jpeg