• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 252 SD

Mjones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was finally able to take her out today and let me tell you this is an amazing boat. Prior 240 was fantastic but I was worried if this was worth the money. The drive system with the steering wheel controls made docking way to easy. I was able to get the boat side by side to the dock w/out any worries. Loading her on the trailer was even easier. Had zero worries after using the controls for a few minutes. Prior boat had the cobra steering on it, however there is zero need for steering enhancement on this boat. The controls react instantly and increase in speed the longer they are held. If you are on the fence and getting the S or SE, I would highly recommend the upgrade but understand the cost as well. Just my thoughts - hope it helps someone.

The E series and SD series are great handling boats for sure. I have an E series, and docking and loading are simple. The throttle is so easy to bump in and out of forward and reverse. I haven’t felt the need for any steering enhancement products. Once you realize throttle is your friend, and how much to use during docking maneuvers, it’s way easier than a boat with a prop. The only noticeable down side to handling in my opinion, is tracking a straight line with a crosswind while on plane, and any sort of side swell while on plane. Any type of side turbulence from wind or waves, affects my jet boat more than my old boat with an I/O engine. I love everything else better with my Yamaha though.

What year was your 240 ....
I will jump from a 2010 AR240 to a 2022 252 SE soon (Boat will arrive at dealership next week)

What year was your 240 ....
I will jump from a 2010 AR240 to a 2022 252 SE soon (Boat will arrive at dealership next week)
Just switched from a 2010 AR240 to a 252X. You will love the updates. Whole different boat.

Back