• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 252SD check engine light - stop stbd engine

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

I was out on the water this passed weekend and the boat ran great. Came back to the marina to clean it up for storage and after flushing the engines, turned the water off and blipped the throttle I got a check engine light to stop the starboard engine. I did have to start and stop it a few times to get the water hose positioned correctly, but both motors sounds as they always do.

today I came to the marina to install cobra jets and when I turned the key to on (engines not running) the error came back.

is there a way to clear the memory on the or something without an ecu reader? I dont have a way to get it to the dealer and it would be a hefty service call to have them come out just to clear a code.

any thoughts?

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Side note, I just checked and I did just hit 10 hours on the motors. Would that have something to do with it? The 10 hour service?

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I guess I figured it out after a few hours of tinkering. if you turn the key off the back on then start the motor then stop it again and turn the key off 3-4 times it will clear the codes in the ecu.

I think what happen was when cleaning the boat this past weekend it might have gotten a high temp warning or something to that effect and when I went to turn the key on today it was still registered the engine error

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That's good to know. Do you know how to reset the maintenance reminder? Past few outings it would remind me about the 10hr service, which I did myself , so I would push the reset in the settings but it still pops up. Maybe I'm missing something.

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
That's good to know. Do you know how to reset the maintenance reminder? Past few outings it would remind me about the 10hr service, which I did myself , so I would push the reset in the settings but it still pops up. Maybe I'm missing something.
I haven’t hit my 10 hours yet so haven’t looked into it. Not much online about these boats when it comes to system messages