• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 ar195 shipping cover install

Ballshrinker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Feel dumb asking but I put the shipping cover on and couldn't get rid of sag in back. I put the pole in the front. I collapsed the tower (1st) where it is resting on the side window frame (I think that's what it was resting on). Did I so that part right? It almost looks like the pole would do better in the back.

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am almost positive that my shipping cover for there 195s has 2 poles. Front and back. Also did you put in the tower shipping brackets as that holds the tower up higher and helps.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 195S and use the shipping cover all winter with a strap inside the boat in the bow from port to starboard in the front third and nothing in the back. Are you all the way under the swim deck with the transom tie downs through the holes in the shipping cover? Have you pulled the cover way under the boat and tightened the ratchet straps? They may have changed the covers in one year but mine is tight as a drum.

8366011F-F092-4ADF-9237-ED1470F5372B.jpeg

Not a great picture but the only one I have. I can run to storage in the next couple of days and take more if you think they would help.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am almost positive that my shipping cover for there 195s has 2 poles. Front and back. Also did you put in the tower shipping brackets as that holds the tower up higher and helps.
+1 on the tower supports.

Ballshrinker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I only found one pole and no tower brackets. Any idea where they would be?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I only found one pole and no tower brackets. Any idea where they would be?
One pole for the shipping cover. The dealer usually throws the shipping brackets away unless asked for. If you don't have them, check with the dealer and see if they can get you a set.

Ballshrinker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have a 2021 195S and use the shipping cover all winter with a strap inside the boat in the bow from port to starboard in the front third and nothing in the back. Are you all the way under the swim deck with the transom tie downs through the holes in the shipping cover? Have you pulled the cover way under the boat and tightened the ratchet straps? They may have changed the covers in one year but mine is tight as a drum.

View attachment 177510

Not a great picture but the only one I have. I can run to storage in the next couple of days and take more if you think they would help.
Thank you for the pic and help and sorry for responding earlier. The front NO STEP graphic and the vents sit further back and more horizontal on mine. I think that's because my tower is further down.

Ballshrinker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
One pole for the shipping cover. The dealer usually throws the shipping brackets away unless asked for. If you don't have them, check with the dealer and see if they can get you a set.
I did and they said they would. Time will tell i guess.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the idea of a strap across the bow in lieu of a pole.

View attachment 177510

Ballshrinker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I read that the first time like he had the straps of the pole going port to starboard. Maybe I could do start in front and pole in back...

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The only thing you have to be aware of is scarring the gel coat with the metal ends on the straps. I have a microfiber towel under each side and not too tight, just enough to shed water.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The threaded side gets the knob screw that you use to secure the tower in the upright position. Then you have two bolts and washers that attach to the tower base connected to the boat.

Ballshrinker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just wanted to say thanks to those that helped. It was the missing brackets that I didn't even know about but needed.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Just wanted to say thanks to those that helped. It was the missing brackets that I didn't even know about but needed.
That's what the forum is all about.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Take care of the cover, I got almost 2 years out of mine before it turned to dust and fuzz.