• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 AR250 arriving in two weeks

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
greg you should notice a big difference at low speed steering good luck
I'm not a boating expert, but I have piloted single prop inboards and outboards. I found it manuverable, especially with the two engines. It's like driving a big jet ski. Reverse is "interesting"

I watched the install videos and played them along while I installed. I'm going to throw some of the unused parts in the boat just in case.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Thrust vectors worked great!

I installed a noco charger and plug

I noticed a seal or gasket issue with my starboard enging, I attached the photo

Attachments

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s extra sealant from the factory. Just about everyone has the WTH is this moment. Just throw it out.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Is there some trick to the weather radio function? No weather stations come in-only get static.

Last edited:

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Now attempting to install a vhf radio.

Any suggestions on running power to it? Should I run a line from the battery or splice off the radio power?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would run a fuse panel under the helm from the battery then connect it there to its own fuse. Plus that allows for expansion. A bit more work now, but worth it. Basically run some marine duplex from the switch up to the helm and to a Fuse Panel. 6 or 8 AWG If there is a West Marine near you, you can go get it by the foot.

Amazon.com : Ancor Marine Grade Duplex and Triplex Wire : Sports & Outdoors

Then a Blue Seas fuse block

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems 6 Circuit Blade Fuse Block With Negative Bus 100 Amp Max Per Block 30 Per Circuit : Automotive

Last edited:

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
How tricky is it to run the wire from the battery to the fuse panel?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How tricky is it to run the wire from the battery to the fuse panel?
Piece of cake. Run it through your engine compartment then through one of the panels where they meet along the other wires then up through along the right side then to the helm. You probably wont have to drill any holes. If you use the Duplex, no need to put it in a split tube. Then just zip tie it along the wires that are already there. Should take you no longer than 15-30 minutes. Mount your fuse block wire it up and good to go.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The nice thing is that with the fuse block you easily add stuff as you go. Such as additional USB charging ports, battery meters, LED Lights and Switches, Chart Plotter, etc. Everything is right there.

I actually put a fuse block under the helm and another back by the batteries so I could easily run accessories and more ports along the Port side for the Admiral and such. Something to think about down the road if you need it. Then you don't need to splice and such.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
fuse block ordered

what do you use for grounding points?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
fuse block ordered

what do you use for grounding points?
You run the duplex (positive and negative) from the battery to the Fuse Block. there is a spot on it for each. Then you can hook up both of your wires from the VHF right to the fuse block. 1 positive and 1 negative.

You don't have to use duplex, but if you use regular Marine wire you will/should put it into a split plastic sheathing/tube for protection. I choose to use the duplex everywhere which makes life much easier.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can also go all out like I did and others do, and put in an inline breaker back by the batteries before the run to the helm. I used 60 amps. Put it inline and secure it and your are done. That way if there is a short between the battery and the helm fuse block the breaker will pop and you can just reset it with a push of a button. Also makes it nice since you can turn off the helm panel for any reason you wish. Also a negative buss bar which makes things cleaner as well, but not required.

Amazon.com: YMHTD 60A Reset Fuse 20-150AMP Inline Circuit Breaker Reset Fuse Holder for Car Audio Marine Boat Inverter Replace Fuses 12V-24V DC Breaker Switch Overload Protection Fuse : Everything Else

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@greg10 You want to run the run to the helm off the switch so you can shut it down when you turn the switch off.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I want to install a postiive distrubtion bus bar and pull it from there. Install in the engine compartment or by the DSVR switch (port storage compartment)

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
table leg cracked into two pieces. any way to glue it back together?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what you can do if it cracked in two pieces other than weld it. You can order a stock replacement, or call dealer and see if you can get it in under warranty for replacement.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I was lucky enough to find a neighbor to weld it. He said it looked like it had never been welded.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Does the jetboatpilot winterization video still apply to this boat?

JBP