• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 models

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What are you hearing?

Any word on the long promised jet pontoon?!?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear for 2022 that they will still be delivering all of the 2021 models they promised...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I hear for 2022 that they will still be delivering all of the 2021 models they promised...
That. I suspect that they might introduce a 21' version with the automatic wakeboosters, but that's about it.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't expect them to put out any new models for 2022. I personally think Yamaha should put out a new NA engine to slide into the HP/torque gap between the NA 1.8L and the supercharged 1.8L that runs on regular fuel. Such an offering would turn the 21'er into a wicked machine and give the new 25' a nice boost in performance. Both boats would probably still return decent fuel economy numbers being a NA engine. It also wouldn't suck if they built it to be supercharged for the 27'ers.

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I tend to agree with the others. I doubt there will be any significant changes to the 2022 lineup, probably just the exact same boats but with different color options.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got off a Teams conference with a colleague today who works in IT down south, and one of their clients is Yamaha. He heard that I had one and wanted to ask me about it. He mentioned that from discussions he has been apart of that there are going to be changes slated for 2022 21' models. Dash Screen/gauges, windshield, engine and some additional minor things as well as colors. Apparently all on the drawing board of the engineers. Not sure if I buy all of it or any of it except for color changes, but he mentioned that they may wait till summer to see what it is, plus he is having a hard time finding a boat of course. I asked him if he hears anything else to let me know, but he wasn't sure what if any or when that would be.......

Take it with a grain of salt. I dunno. If it is factual it would definitely peak my interest. Not that I am a seasoned veteran as others here, but I would think if any changes were coming it would be more likely in 2023 Model year, especially with the Pandemic still around now. Although it will be 5 years since the last 21' change I believe, correct me if I am wrong.

I keep going back and forth between keeping mine and going bigger. The 25' footer is a lot of boat in some of the smaller lakes around here with a 40mph speed limit, at least it seems like it. 300-600 acres for some of the smaller ones. In the Great Lakes and LSC the 25' would be great with the enclosed head and larger gas tank and higher freeboard.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they release an updated engine in 2022 I’ll be selling my 2021 250 and getting a 2022.