• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Scarab 255id

Sroth1701

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Just ordered my 2022 255id. Leaving behind a 2017 Mastercraft X23. I'm nervous. I live on a river/lake with lots of prop dingers so I hope this boat will be a fun change with more exploration capabilities up in the coves.

Any feedback on the 255id good or bad is welcome.

Sroth1701

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Stock image. Sea Foam color. All the options added including extended swim platform.

Attachments

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Yikes I'd be nervous too. I'm still nervous if I'll EVER get any quick or at all warranty support on my 2021. I wish I could take my money back personally because of the customer support I've received from Scarab. If it wasn't for ONE dealer 6 hours away helping me I wouldn't have figured out the problem or even after I figured out the problem gotten the replacement part covered under warranty. Actually I still don't have the part so who knows if I will get it. Keep in mind I have been trying to get this resolved since October so imagine if this happened in the summer. I could go buy a $30k mustang from ford and get better customer service.

It is a nice boat. Well hopefully. I hate coming on here and being so negative but man....yikes.

Sroth1701

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Yikes I'd be nervous too. I'm still nervous if I'll EVER get any quick or at all warranty support on my 2021. I wish I could take my money back personally because of the customer support I've received from Scarab. If it wasn't for ONE dealer 6 hours away helping me I wouldn't have figured out the problem or even after I figured out the problem gotten the replacement part covered under warranty. Actually I still don't have the part so who knows if I will get it. Keep in mind I have been trying to get this resolved since October so imagine if this happened in the summer. I could go buy a $30k mustang from ford and get better customer service.

It is a nice boat. Well hopefully. I hate coming on here and being so negative but man....yikes.
That's OK I need to be prepared I guess. Nearest dealer will also be several hours from me.

Sroth1701

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
That's OK I need to be prepared I guess. Nearest dealer will also be several hours from me.
Besides your issue, how is the overall quality of construction and performance?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I need re-glue the cushion thing on top of the head door. It has been knocked off cause only one dab of glue held it from the factory. Head door makes noise slapping at high speeds. A few screws pulled up on the marine mat behind the drivers seat so i need to re-epoxy those. I need to tighten down the windshield, one stay came off. I easily got a few turns on every hose clamp in the engine bay. Highly advise to check, dealer advised me. The side panels where the throttle is and passenger side vibrate. Many buttons are off the cover already.

I'm designing my own glove box/panel for under the sink. They have crappy looking wood panel there now and no glove box anywhere.

Other than that it looks really good and it's fast.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ShipFaced Scarab that's disappointing. But i guess it could be the new normal for many rec boat builders these days, even before covid.
My Yamaha (AR240) took some time to tweak and fix numerous issues, many where just like yours perhaps not obvious from the factory weak spots. Very different experience with a new Parker (2320SC) we got this year, not a single issues, nothing broken or coming loose, in the first almost 100 hours - pounding hard chop in NE Atlantic.

For water sports use in a river though, with snags and shallow / changing depth, these jet boats excel, there is nothing better really; I would personally never go back to a propped boat in a small river. Back when we lived in MO, boated a lot in a very "moody" Meramec river, and what a relief it was when we finally made a switch to sport-jets, with the first Yamaha. All of a sudden we could always get out, even with extremely low water levels, reach coves otherwise inaccessible in an inboard. Not to mention the safety of propless jets -when kids are around.

--

Sroth1701

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Wow. That's exactly where I'm at on this new purchase. Ready to explore my river. But I will be doing an extensive few days in the driveway going over ever inch of this new Scarab.

Paul Dufault

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I have a 2020 255 open. with 200's, Bought it with 35 hrs. Now, 115hrs. I had two warranty issues. The dealer near me is really good and believes in the brand and got parts and fixed in a few days. I am very satisfied with the boat and the support.
You always have to watch your depth boating in Southwest Florida even in the channel. After "dinging" several props in the past few years, The Rotax jets are a joy in the shallows.

Enjoy it!!!

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
THX, HOPE WE CAN ALL HOOK UP ON ONE OF THOSE JET BOAT GATHERINGS IN FLORIDA ! JUST FOUND OUT FROM THE SALESMAN ON HIS TEST RUN MY TOP SPEED WITH 111 GALLONS OF FUEL IS 47 MPH. NOT BROKEN IN YET,,,WAS HOPING 50 , LOL, WITH A TUNE AND SOME OTHER GOODIES LATER ON SHE SHOULD GET THERE ... ENJOY.

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I need re-glue the cushion thing on top of the head door. It has been knocked off cause only one dab of glue held it from the factory. Head door makes noise slapping at high speeds. A few screws pulled up on the marine mat behind the drivers seat so i need to re-epoxy those. I need to tighten down the windshield, one stay came off. I easily got a few turns on every hose clamp in the engine bay. Highly advise to check, dealer advised me. The side panels where the throttle is and passenger side vibrate. Many buttons are off the cover already.

I'm designing my own glove box/panel for under the sink. They have crappy looking wood panel there now and no glove box anywhere.

Other than that it looks really good and it's fast.
Did you ever come up with a new design for the sink location in the head? I just purchased a 2022 at the boat show last month and I do not get it delivered until end of April. So my plan is to really go over it once it’s in my driveway to make some small improvements. I noticed the same thing with lack of a glove box. My plan is a portable toilet in there but I really want to utilize that area for storage as needed, thanks .

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Did you ever come up with a new design for the sink location in the head? I just purchased a 2022 at the boat show last month and I do not get it delivered until end of April. So my plan is to really go over it once it’s in my driveway to make some small improvements. I noticed the same thing with lack of a glove box. My plan is a portable toilet in there but I really want to utilize that area for storage as needed, thanks .
I just made an aluminum panel in place of under sink wood that I'm getting ceramic coated black with a glovebox cutout in it. Using this glovebox Tilt Out Storage Box - Trimmed Out Inc

There is room there

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I just made an aluminum panel in place of under sink wood that I'm getting ceramic coated black with a glovebox cutout in it. Using this glovebox Tilt Out Storage Box - Trimmed Out Inc
Great Idea thanks . So you can just unscrew the wood panel ?
I’m going to take a look at it Saturday once more so I’ll make sure i check out that area .
There is room there

Scarab255ID

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I have a 2021 255ID with twin 300's. Like the idea of the glove box. Do you have pictures of the installed version?

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I purchased a 215ID with twin 250s last year and made a few graphic adjustments to the outside because I like a cleaner looking exterior. I have owned Yamaha in the past and the Scarab compares favorably to that. Fit and finish is on a another level. Swim deck is head and shoulders above the Yamaha. I have had a few issues with small stuff (buttons breaking). My dealer experience has been excellent with regards to the warranty work. I am amazed by the shallows I can get this thing into. I bought the Scarab because my orders for Yamaha 212SD were cancelled two straight summers. Haven't looked back and plan on keeping the Scarab for the foreseeable future. I like having something a little different as well and there are always 100s of Yamaha's on the water.

tempImageFZgxYS.jpgtempImage6oPSpV.jpgtempImageJ94d9V.jpg

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length