• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 SX195 Oil

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have a 2022 Yamaha SX195 and need to change the oil at its first 10hr oil change. Other than ordering the Yamalube, what is a comparable oil available at auto zone that I can trust with high RPM for marine engines?

Attachments

• C5394217-9546-4C5B-85C2-8291A6ED4D14.jpeg
    C5394217-9546-4C5B-85C2-8291A6ED4D14.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 9E2AE59E-EF40-48AE-9D54-6E52F05D8E8A.jpeg
    9E2AE59E-EF40-48AE-9D54-6E52F05D8E8A.jpeg
    687.4 KB · Views: 13
Any grade and type that falls within your temps in your area per your owners manual. I’m sure others will specify which brand they prefer but that’s a lifelong debate topic lol.

36E63D8C-6DA5-4E17-A2A5-2D0A8D55CC75.jpeg

I personally use Yamalube, but any current SN rated oil will do with the proper viscosity. Oils are backwards compatible, so the manual calling for SJ/SL is a standard from 1996-2004ish. You would be hard pressed to find a SJ or SL specific oil, unless it was sitting on a local hardware store for the past 20+ years.

Any increment in the alphabet, supersedes the previous oil. SJ, SL, SM, SN (don't know why they skipped 'K'?), But SN, or SN plus are the current standards and meets and exceeds the previous.

Recall seeing a blackstones lab report for yamalube some years ago , I recall it faired well with a good additive package. It's reasonably priced so that's what I use.

Doesn't Yamaha offer an extended engine warranty in the US if only Yamalube is used?

Recall seeing a blackstones lab report for yamalube some years ago , I recall it faired well with a good additive package. It's reasonably priced so that's what I use.

Doesn't Yamaha offer an extended engine warranty in the US if only Yamalube is used?
They do, 20 years or 5,000 hours if an oil related failure is found. yamahlubeadvantage

Last edited:
STOP. If you have a warranty on that boat use Yamaha's recommended oil until your warranty period runs out. Easiest way to avoid any hassles with Yamaha if you have to put in a claim relating to the engine.

Yamaha is not going to void warranty if you use another brand the meets the recommended grade.

Thank you all for the wisdom. This is the first jet boat I have owned. Everything has been bigger boats growing up, Bertram, Sea Ray, Penn Yan. I went with a recommended 10w40 and chose Valvoline full synthetic. Seems be be no difference when running from the original oil used when I took delivery of the boat in late November. Thankfully the weather has been great this winter in the Tampa area so we are logging the hours!

Back