• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 yamaha 255xe throttle problems

chevjohn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
my gate over the back of one motor is stuck open and the other is stuck closed but there is no throttle response to the closed one?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t have your type of electric shifting but I believe there’s some manual switch overs under the helm.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Look at your stuck gate for debris that could be causing it to jam down. Were you recently running in super shallow water?
Make sure your steering wheel is straight.
Try to reset boat at battery switch 3-5x. One reset = turning boat on, letting it boot up, turning boat off.

Last edited:

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Check gate. I had this happen last week. A rock got lodged in the gate, I was able to feel the difference in the gates by grabbing and trying to move the free play. The stuck one was noticeable.