• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2022 Yamaha AR195 for Sale Nashville, TN area

VictorAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Purchased this Yamaha AR195 in September of 2021. Used four weekends in 2021 before the weather started getting cooler. This year the boat was used on six weekends of the summer. We are letting go of this boat due to a couple life changes this year. Boat has a little over 20 hours of use from last year and this year combined. I will post more pictures after I undock the boat this weekend. Asking $43,000. Will include all of our life jackets and other accessories. Sale does include Yamaha mooring cover. 200CA997-C6DC-45D3-A8FF-4C463DD97BAC.JPG7828739C-F43A-4C67-B242-3788B1F16A8C.JPG

Last edited:

VictorAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Picture update. I brought the boat home this weekend and cleaned it up for the winter. Here are some update pictures.

IMG_4127-1.jpgIMG_4126-1.jpgIMG_4125-1.jpgIMG_4124-1.jpgIMG_4123-1.jpgIMG_4122-1.jpgIMG_4120-1.jpgIMG_4117.jpgIMG_4116.jpgIMG_4113.jpgIMG_4110.jpg

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was just at my local dealership here in San Diego looking at the new 22 footers. While looking the dealer pointed out a row of 19 footers that had been on the lot for a while and would knock a few thousand off if I moved one now. The MSRP of a 2023 AR195 is sitting at $45,099 which is dangerously close to your asking price... especially when you factor in the dealer discount.

VictorAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Was just at my local dealership here in San Diego looking at the new 22 footers. While looking the dealer pointed out a row of 19 footers that had been on the lot for a while and would knock a few thousand off if I moved one now. The MSRP of a 2023 AR195 is sitting at $45,099 which is dangerously close to your asking price... especially when you factor in the dealer discount.
Yea, I know it's close. Mine was right around $45k before taxes etc. I put down $9k. Trying to sell mine a little more than what I owe ($37k) to try and get some of my down payment back. I purchased the YES extended warranty and a cover as well (total of those two are $2,200). So even if I am close to MSRP right now, the $45k you listed doesn't include those extras, taxes, fees, etc. unless the price you mentioned is out the door. I am surprised they are knocking any off the price. The dealer I bought mine advised that Yamaha frowned on that, and he had rarely seen any prices lower than MSRP. I am guessing they are just trying to move new ones out now. I may have to bite the bullet and take less than asking, but getting some of the down payment back would be nice.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That dealer may have been blowing smoke that stated "The dealer I bought mine advised that Yamaha frowned on that, and he had rarely seen any prices lower than MSRP." As I know you are aware, the market for boats has been in flux the last few years. I purchased my 2019 242SE in early 2020 for 3-4 thousand below MSRP. I just sold the same boat last month for $5,000 over 2019 MSRP with 200 hours in 12 days. The demand is still there, but in my opinion it's based on the model and at least in So Cal the market is asking for the new 22 footer or 24(used)/25 footers.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Come on man, you should know better than to criticize someone’s pricing in public.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Come on man, you should know better than to criticize someone’s pricing in public.
The aim wasn't to criticize and if it came off that way.... apologies to op. I just noticed that his listing has been live for over 4 months and there was no conversation or bites to show.

If anything I was trying to help based on my own conversation I had with a local dealer pertaining to the 19 footers.

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any bites?

VictorAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Any bites?
I've had a couple, but they were wanting to pay less than I owe on the boat. I know that my total price is close to MSRP now, but after you include what I have in a new boat, it would be more than my $43k listing. Yes, I know I may not get that and may have to settle for at least what I owe on it, but again mine already includes extended warranty and cover, which total to the $2,220 plus tax that I paid for those. If I hadn't put anything down on my boat, it would have been more than what I am wanting for mine at the moment.

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've had a couple, but they were wanting to pay less than I owe on the boat. I know that my total price is close to MSRP now, but after you include what I have in a new boat, it would be more than my $43k listing. Yes, I know I may not get that and may have to settle for at least what I owe on it, but again mine already includes extended warranty and cover, which total to the $2,220 plus tax that I paid for those. If I hadn't put anything down on my boat, it would have been more than what I am wanting for mine at the moment.
Nice looking boat, we love our 195s but our next I think may be a dedicated surf boat. I feel ya on the value of the add ons. $4-5k in audio upgrades etc, would be nice to get that when we do move to the next boat. But likely we won’t. Truly best of luck, the right buyer will see the value for them.

VictorAR195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice looking boat, we love our 195s but our next I think may be a dedicated surf boat. I feel ya on the value of the add ons. $4-5k in audio upgrades etc, would be nice to get that when we do move to the next boat. But likely we won’t. Truly best of luck, the right buyer will see the value for them.
We love the boat too. If I could lose the $130 a month I pay for storage, it wouldn't be so bad. Our HOA won't allow boats out of the garage in our neighborhood. If I could fit in my garage, it would be nice, but then the Mrs wouldn't have much room to park in it. Needing a new truck(current truck has had a lot of issues and is only 8 years old) and not wanting a boat payment and new truck payment as well, unless I can get a new job that I recently applied for. If that be the case, I would have more of a chance to afford both.

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We love the boat too. If I could lose the $130 a month I pay for storage, it wouldn't be so bad. Our HOA won't allow boats out of the garage in our neighborhood. If I could fit in my garage, it would be nice, but then the Mrs wouldn't have much room to park in it. Needing a new truck(current truck has had a lot of issues and is only 8 years old) and not wanting a boat payment and new truck payment as well, unless I can get a new job that I recently applied for. If that be the case, I would have more of a chance to afford both.
Well - you can solve one of the problems. We store ours and my wife’s explorer in a garage 2 car widths and standard height. Had to adjust the cables slightly on the tower. Luckily I have a deep bay on one side to keep lawn equipment and work bench. The 19ft boats will fit in most all garages. Best of luck with the new job opportunity- will pray for you.

mma29121983

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm interested, but who knows how it works 3 states away?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm interested, but who knows how it works 3 states away?
I bought out of state. You need to confirm with your local tax collector what you need to register a boat from that state. You also need to find out if that state titles their boats or not. Figuring out those two things will make things much easier post purchase.

Other than that, we agreed upon a price, I drove up, test drove the boat. He still owed money. We went to the bank, I had them print a certified check to make out to Yamaha, then we went to the post office together and we sent out the checks to Yamaha. A few weeks later he sent me the Certificate of Origin (no titles in GA at that time).

Or if you are using a bank, let them handle it all. (I don't know if I would trust them though lol)

Last edited:

mma29121983

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
so the sequence is
1) buyer has to pay off seller's loan first,
2) pickup the boat tow it away,
3) wait until seller will get title if state does it seems TN doesn't title boats
4) then seller makes bill of sale, signs and sends documents to buyer
5) buyer can register the boat

correct? there are a lot of trust in first item lol

on the registration part seems all pretty simple in MA

What you need for First-time boat registration
Documents Required
  • Bill of Sale - Name, address and signature of the seller must be on the bill of sale.
  • If you purchased your boat from a business, the bill of sale must be written up on company letterhead.
  • If your boat is purchased brand new from a dealer, department store, or internet sale, you will need to provide the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin.
  • Proof of sales tax paid.
  • Pencil tracing of the hull ID number (serial number).
    • If your boat was manufactured prior to 1972, or does not have a proper Coast Guard conforming 12 character hull ID number, your boat may require a boat inspection. If you have any questions prior to submitting your paperwork, please call us.
  • Completed Registration and Titling Application.
  • Required fees - check or money order
  • When a boat is purchased from a private party sale or dealer from a non-title state, the seller's previous boat registration is required in lieu of a title.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sorry I mis-typed in my post. Bill of Sale should be Certificate of Origin.

Get your Bill of Sale and Purchase Agreement all wrapped up and signed before even making the trip.
Meet for boat inspection
Go to bank to make payment (either to buyer or to lender) - If boat has a loan be sure your check is made out to his lender. I would also ask for a payoff quote so you can cross reference.
Get a copy of his registration.
Take boat home.
Register boat.
Seller sends Certificate of Origin (that is signed over to you) (getting this from a lender can take 4-8 weeks)