• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha AR250 issues

Aaron U

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased a 2022 Yamaha AR250 from Gulf Shores Powersports in early December. This was the 2nd boat purchased from them, the 1st being a 2017 AR240 which was a great experience. We got the call in December that the boat was ready so we drove from Fort Walton Beach to Gulf Shores. While walking around the boat we found scratches in front of the helm in the fiberglass that needed to be fixed and one battery was dead. This wasn’t a huge deal to me, more of just a wasted trip. The dealer said they’d fix it and they did. They called me 2 weeks later to pick it up and I did. After driving it back to Florida, I opened the ski locker and noticed a couple inches of water. After looking closer, the drain plug was never drilled out and installed from the factory. I called the dealer and they asked me to drive it back. I dropped the boat off a couple days before Christmas. They said they’ve never seen anything like this before but they would get it fixed. I have called multiple times over the past 2 months to get status on the boat. Every time I am told they are actively working it. Last time I called, they said they had parts on order and they are just waiting on them. I asked if they had the tracking on the parts and they couldn’t answer that question. Said it’s looking like a couple more weeks. I’ve been getting that answer since I dropped it off. I called Yamaha Customer Relations with my issues. I asked how things like this get missed leaving the factory after a Quality Assurance Inspector looks it over. They said it’s human error and things happen. I said It doesn’t seem like the dealer knows what they are doing with this repair as it’s been 2 months. They just apologized and said I’d have to wait. I am just wondering what else was missed in that inspection. At this point, I am just wondering what options I have. Can you return a boat with issues like this?

Some of the boats have issues and some have very minimal issues. Especially since COVID over the last two years. Not sure returning the boat is an option, but that would probably involve lawyers and legal to get involved.
I am sorry you are having to go through this. I would go over that boat with a fine tooth comb and look at everything and take pictures of anything sketchy. If you want your boat back you could also drill your own drain hole and put in an aftermarket drain plug in the ski locker. You would most likely do a better job than the factory does.

Hopefully one way or the other this gets resolved soon.

I think you’re right about all the issues as of late. i may talk to an attorney just to see what options there are. Either way, I will definitely go over it in detail when It’s finally ready. thanks for the insight.

@Aaron U In your profile Picture, where was that taken? Looks like a pretty cool area.

That’s a sandbar near Crab Island in Destin

Fantastic! We will be down there for a week in August. Looking forward to it.

@Aaron U If you don't mind, could you pin that spot, the sandbar, on a map just so I know where it is? I have never been down there before and looking around to plan the trip functions and boating days.

@Aaron U If you don't mind, could you pin that spot, the sandbar, on a map just so I know where it is? I have never been down there before and looking around to plan the trip functions and boating days.
It is literally right across the street from the main boardwalk in Destin Harbor. If you see that giant condo, margaritaville, etc. It is right across the way. Can't miss it

It is literally right across the street from the main boardwalk in Destin Harbor. If you see that giant condo, margaritaville, etc. It is right across the way. Can't miss it
Same area. Right next to Noreaga Pointe Beach actually. Believe it or not, this is right around the other side of those sand dunes. There is the condo in his background for example

Attachments

• 20210907_120404.jpg
    20210907_120404.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210907_114536.jpg
    20210907_114536.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210907_110721.jpg
    20210907_110721.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210907_102637.jpg
    20210907_102637.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210907_102249.jpg
    20210907_102249.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 31
Yamaha won’t do anything until you lawyer up

Im not sure how to do that but I’ll attach a picture

Attachments

• 564A7E74-4743-4B42-B809-C73AE5FFBA2B.jpeg
    564A7E74-4743-4B42-B809-C73AE5FFBA2B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Awesome thank you so much.

Most likely the parts are back ordered. I got my 2020 AR240 from K&M in Ft Walton, drive shaft snapped last April, took until the last week of July to get all the parts in. I would call every two weeks or so to check in, best answer I would get is, “well we got xxxx part in but xxxx is still back ordered it says it will ship 2 weeks from now, eventually I gave up and just magically got a phone call one day that my boat was ready. I think the warehouse folks were just putting a 2 week projected time on parts because they no idea how long it would take, turns out 2 weeks was not a good guess.

if your boat ain’t ready in a month or so when it starts warming up down here I would tell them to slap a new battery it in and drill the hole, go pick the boat up and tell them to call you when the parts come in. I leave that ski locker plug out 100% of the time anyway.

Most likely you are going to find some other small issues they have to fix anyway. I’ve had a swim deck seat back replaced, the ski locker door and hydrologic arm replaced, ignition fuse block replaced, and a entire pump assembly replaced.

I wasn’t overly impressed with Gulf Shores, I was potentially going to buy 210 from them before I got my 240, I went of town for a work trip for a week, after I got back they wouldn’t return my call, which is why I ended up getting the 240 from K&M.

I purchased a 2022 Yamaha AR250 from Gulf Shores Powersports in early December. This was the 2nd boat purchased from them, the 1st being a 2017 AR240 which was a great experience. We got the call in December that the boat was ready so we drove from Fort Walton Beach to Gulf Shores. While walking around the boat we found scratches in front of the helm in the fiberglass that needed to be fixed and one battery was dead. This wasn’t a huge deal to me, more of just a wasted trip. The dealer said they’d fix it and they did. They called me 2 weeks later to pick it up and I did. After driving it back to Florida, I opened the ski locker and noticed a couple inches of water. After looking closer, the drain plug was never drilled out and installed from the factory. I called the dealer and they asked me to drive it back. I dropped the boat off a couple days before Christmas. They said they’ve never seen anything like this before but they would get it fixed. I have called multiple times over the past 2 months to get status on the boat. Every time I am told they are actively working it. Last time I called, they said they had parts on order and they are just waiting on them. I asked if they had the tracking on the parts and they couldn’t answer that question. Said it’s looking like a couple more weeks. I’ve been getting that answer since I dropped it off. I called Yamaha Customer Relations with my issues. I asked how things like this get missed leaving the factory after a Quality Assurance Inspector looks it over. They said it’s human error and things happen. I said It doesn’t seem like the dealer knows what they are doing with this repair as it’s been 2 months. They just apologized and said I’d have to wait. I am just wondering what else was missed in that inspection. At this point, I am just wondering what options I have. Can you return a boat with issues like this?
New to the site and the whole form thing. I have a 2022 AR 250 and noticed there is a hole in the ski locker but no plug. My 2016 AR 192 had a plug. Should my new boat have a plug or just plumed to drain?

Attachments

• 1B2823C5-5E8E-44D7-A37C-3E9F854C7837.jpeg
    1B2823C5-5E8E-44D7-A37C-3E9F854C7837.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
New to the site and the whole form thing. I have a 2022 AR 250 and noticed there is a hole in the ski locker but no plug. My 2016 AR 192 had a plug. Should my new boat have a plug or just plumed to drain?
Yes, based on my last boat ‘17 AR240, there should be a plug. It should be just like the ones in the engine bay. That looks very similar to the half ass fix that Gulf Shores Powersports did with my boat that I purchased from them.

I have a 22' 252 and it looks just like that, no plug.

My 2022 AR250 ski locker drain looks just like that.

Same here, they changed the design from the looks of it, no drain plug on mine, just the locker drain. Not sure if it was a Covid change or an actual factory change though.

New issue, bilge pump fuse blown and pump not working from helm switch. Started trouble shooting at the 4 amp fuse. Blown. Only could find 5 amp. Tried that. Nothing. Took pump out, the impeller was seized up. Used a screwdriver and WD-40 on it, turned on the bilge at the helm and it worked. Sprayed more WD-40 for good measure. Put the bilge back in its place and tested it with the batteries off and everything worked. Called the dealership to see about getting a spare bilge pump and to talk about the issue. Turns out the pump will work from the helm manually even if the automatic fuse is blown. They also said the 5 amp fuse would be fine, but wouldn’t go any bigger.

Unfortunately, they should of caught these problems during the $3k setup fee or whatever they charged you. I think some dealers just skip over the cosmetic issues, cross their fingers, and hope the buyers just desl with it.

Back