• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2023 222SE Check Engine, Stop BCU

Tidbits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So just had my new 222SE delivered this week and was taking it out today to get her broken in (had .5 hours on both engines). Had both engines idling for 5 -10 minutes prior to leaving the marina. Within the first minute of operation the port engine died and threw the Check Engine! Stop BCU. Contact Yamaha Dealer error message. After receiving this message the starboard engine, which was still operating, would not respond to the throttle, no reverse, no nothing. Made it back to our marina with virtually no controls whatsoever, I mean we were coming in HOT... I called the Dealership and spoke to one of the mechanics. After trying numerous things he suggested the port engine would not turn over. Let me add I had a 242SE prior to this one so am familar with operating the Yamaha Jet boats.
Wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this type issue. The mechanic had no idea what the issue was so now having to take it back to the dealership, heaven knows when I'll get it back.

Back