• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2023 Yamaha 252se Maiden Voyage- Sea Towed back

ginmag79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My husband and I took our brand new Yamaha 252se out on a river for our first day of boating. It wasn't really the very first time, he took it out for a couple of short rides prior, but the thing only has 4 hours on it. We pulled up onto a little beach where a lot of boaters congregate. When we left, we suddenly lost all propulsion and had to be manually pushed away from other boats and back to shore by other friendly boaters who were hanging out on land. There were plenty of theories and suggestions from others that were tried but we ended up having to be towed back. The boat would turn on but one jet kept saying it was in reverse no matter what was tried so we had no propulsion or steering. They made sure nothing was stuck in the jets, turned it off for a while, disconnected and reconnected the batteries. The Sea Tow captain also had us try again after being towed for a while. Still no change. My husband and others think it may be a computer issue. Has anyone else seen this happen before or have any suggestions? It's under warranty but just hoping there could be a quicker fix. Not the way we envisioned our day going lol. Thanks for any help!

I have heard of your reverse bucket getting jammed by a small pebble ot stick. When this happens you get all kinds of errors.
Inspect the nozzles and reverse buckets thoroughly and grab and physically shake and bang them and then if there was an obstruction reset the batteries then retry starting

Thanks so much! I'll have my husband try this today.

I have heard of your reverse bucket getting jammed by a small pebble ot stick. When this happens you get all kinds of errors.
Inspect the nozzles and reverse buckets thoroughly and grab and physically shake and bang them and then if there was an obstruction reset the batteries then retry starting
My husband did exactly what you suggested and it worked! 5 tiny little pebbles came out and the code went away when he restarted it. Thanks so much!

My husband did exactly what you suggested and it worked! 5 tiny little pebbles came out and the code went away when he restarted it. Thanks so much!
Great news, and your very welcome that's what this place is here for!

What most likely happened you hit reverse blew up the sediment of the off the sea or lake bottom and backed into it was churned up and it settled in the reverse gate, around 3-5k rpms at 3 ft deep churns up the bottom pretty good. One to 2 feet and you will excavate a hole 6'' to 12'' deep in seconds. In shallow water I will stand outside the boat and rotate it by hand they are easy to float and turn.

1717770398000.png

this is a good video showing underwater the disturbance the jets make,

Back