• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2023 Yamaha AR250 - Maryland

Click Click

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Basically Brand New - $72k

Almost new boat with only 5 hours on each engine. The boat has many other features added to the boat to include 9 life jackets from infant to adult, an additional box anchor with 150ft of rope and a chain, 6 fenders, all required coast guard equipment, 6 dock lines, pelican dock pole/paddle, additional dock pole, trailer has 60" LED Guide Poles that were just purchased and installed, numerous trailer locks, a portable toilet and the table is still in the original bag. The boat also includes a cover and the shipping cover for longer road trips.

We are selling as the boat is too big for my family with 2 toddlers and the distance to take it to fresh water, which we prefer over the bay. We admittedly jumped into the bigger size because that's what was in stock and we were excited to purchase our first jet boat.

The boat is located in Southern Maryland / Solomons Island area.

Attachments

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You must be really desperate to sell at that price or there is something fishy. Too low of a price may be suspicious to lots of people.
MSRP of a brand new one is almost 71K. If you had all the accessories, the cover, fees and taxes for most states, you are talking about almost 80k out of the door if you can get one. Anyway beautiful boat. Good luck.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You must be really desperate to sell at that price or there is something fishy. Too low of a price may be suspicious to lots of people.
MSRP of a brand new one is almost 71K. If you had all the accessories, the cover, fees and taxes for most states, you are talking about almost 80k out of the door if you can get one. Anyway beautiful boat. Good luck.
Why do you have to sh$t on someone else’s for sale thread?

It’s a mistake to price in the taxes paid when valuing a boat. In some state there are no taxes and in other you may pay taxes regardless of it taxes were already paid on the boat.

The OP has priced the boat at a number he feels comfortable with. Seems to me the boat is priced appropriately for the current market. Good luck to the OP with the sale!

Jim

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why do you have to sh$t on someone else’s for sale thread?

It’s a mistake to price in the taxes paid when valuing a boat. In some state there are no taxes and in other you may pay taxes regardless of it taxes were already paid on the boat.

The OP has priced the boat at a number he feels comfortable with. Seems to me the boat is priced appropriately for the current market. Good luck to the OP with the sale!

Jim
I'm not sh$ting his post like you said. It may have not been said the right way but I was giving my opinion.
I'm just saying that he could probably ask for more considering very similar boat on sale right now.
Too low may raise questions. Especially when the person was posting his first post and didn't introduce himself.

May be a mistake to you to price considering taxes but at the end of the day on a brand new boat it does matter. And when you buy a boat with 5 hours it's really like buying new.
Anyway, I wish him a good sale.

Don't drop your price too quickly.
Your boat is worth more.

Best of luck again.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Unless you buy and sell a boat in the same state and that state waves sales tax on used boats, what the original buyer pays for taxes is irrelevant.

The OP paid 5% excise tax when he bought the boat. If he sells the boat and its registered in the same state (MD) the buyer pays 5% excise tax of the boats current value when they register the boat. The only time the taxes are not foregone is if the seller buys another boat from a dealer then the fair market value of the trade can be deducted from the sales price of the new boat. Thus, the taxes paid by the original buyer are irrelevant.

Jim

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a tax expert here. Just took the example of my state where as a buyer I wouldn’t pay sales taxes on a private sale (used boat of course). That’s why I was saying that it matters. If I wanted to buy new I would pay sales taxes. But if I buy the OPs boat I would save those. Which is 6,25 in my state. It may not be relevant in all states though. Didn’t want to highjack OPs post. Just that he may be able to get more of his beautiful boat and not loose as much money. We’ve seen lots of greedy people these last years. Not the case here clearly.
@Jim_in_Delaware I didn’t mean to trash OPs post or upset you. Would gladly talk offline if you want.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@BenjaminF, I’m not upset, everything is good.

The OP has a beautiful boat and I hope it quickly finds a new home.

Jim

Click Click

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
@Jim_in_Delaware I appreciate the response and well wishes.

@BenjaminF there is nothing suspicious here and I posted my reasons for selling. The boat is basically brand new with a warranty. The end of the season is here, the wife wants it gone, and certain dealers are lowering brand new ones to around the same price before taxes and fees. I am adjusting. I wish someone was selling this low with all the extras when I was looking, but someone will make out. Thanks for the concern but all legit here.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My local dealer has dropped the price on two brand new 2023 AR250’s to $63,900 (not including shipping and dealer prep) so the OP’s price is not out of line. My local dealer can only sell to people in Wisconsin so the mention of this does not effect anyone interested in the OP’s boat.