• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

2024 252SD steering issues

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I wanted to run something by you guys to see if anyone had experienced this issue. I took the boat out with our friends this past weekend, six people on board including myself, going back a channel where it curves to the left and right. Heading back through the channels when I went to make my first sharp left turn the boat would not turn completely it was almost like I had half of my steering. I finally made it to my destination after I slowed down numerous times and struggled with the steering. I decided to shut everything down turn the batteries off waited a couple minutes turn the battery switches back on fired it back up and steering was fine. I checked with the dealership and they told me that the software update had nothing to do with the steering. Now I'm concerned, this is a huge safety issue. Any thoughts?

I would verify that the nozzles are going the same distances when at full steering lock each way.

I'm just curious why it happened only once, my steering's been fine all the other times. This is only the sixth time we've had our boat out.

I'm just curious why it happened only once, my steering's been fine all the other times. This is only the sixth time we've had our boat out.
Something could have gotten in a pinch point of the nozzles and prevent it from going all of the way over

Im not sure if your model has power steering but some models had the servo loosen up due to small screws that held the ram in place.

Back