• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2024 255XD Mooring Cover Issues?

TommyMcK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I was wondering if anybody has had any issues with the mooring cover for 2024 255XDs. I'm not sure if the covers change with model year, but my 2023 cover for my 222XD is fantastic and works like a champ. I keep my boats out on a lift, and having an unreliable cover is a pain. The cover that I got for the 255XD is of the older type with the poles connected by a strap that runs the length of the boat. The poles don't have a receiving end in the cover itself, and the contraption is very similar to the cover on my old 2003 AR230. In any case, water pools no matter how well you configure the cover and the poles, and it's so bad that after only a couple of months the rubber sleeves that go over the cleats have ripped, and after a rain, one entire side ends up with a ton (literally) of water in the cabin section. The whole thing is pretty much toast at this point.

Anyway, I was hoping to hear that there are a few variants of the cover, and maybe I just was shipped one of the less than stellar variants. Any experience from 2024 owners is appreciated. These things cost around $1K. I'm not sure if I'll get my money back, but I need a solution one way or the other, and getting another copy of what was shipped originally won't likely help much.

I have that same cover. I don’t use the poles that came with it, they are too short. I use the poles from my shipping cover and they work perfect.

Our slip is covered, so I can't comment on your pooling issue, but what I can say is that I had to return the cover originally provided because it just didn't fit properly. The openings for the rear cleats were a good 4-5 inches off. Also, even with the ratchet straps all the way open, I could barely slip the cover over the rear it was so tight.

The dealer replaced it with the same part number and it fits much better.

Attachments

• 20240406_185845.jpg
    20240406_185845.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240406_185838.jpg
    20240406_185838.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
I found that I had to adjust the height of my poles in order to prevent excess pooling and getting the cover to fit properly. Not rocket science but it made a huge difference for me!!

Back