• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 Reviews are rolling in

Jetstream John

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Looks like to me if the 252s are hitting 47 mph the 222s with the same engines should hit about 55 mph.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The article I read said the 1.9a are producing 200 hp compared to the 180 hp produced by the 1.8s without cats. I don’t think the new boats with 1.9s are going to pick up 8 mph but i could be wrong. For comparison I had a 140 hp Waverunner and a 160 hp Waverunner at the same time a few years ago. The 160 accelerated a lot fast than the 140 but only topped out at 10 mph higher, they both weighed about the same which is a lot less and produce a lot less friction with the water than a twin engine boat.

One enhancement that has been a long time coming is making these motors quieter. The 1.9s supposedly have supports built into various parts of the engine to reduce vibration/noise caused by vibration. This is not enough to put me in the market for a new boat but it goes a long way towards that.

Last edited:

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the 252's have 1.9L and the 240's 1.8, but how much did the price go up for the 252? My 2013 AR240 was 42K new. The 252 is almost double.
I'm very happy with my low time 240 at the price I got and I'm thankful I bought when prices were much lower, albeit 11yrs ago.