• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 Yamaha 222XD alerts.

Jakehank13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boat has 2.5 hours on it. Took it out today (21 July) and in about 10-15 minutes on the water a bunch of failure codes came popping up. Any insight on this?

Attachments

• IMG_1344.jpeg
    IMG_1344.jpeg
    421 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1345.jpeg
    IMG_1345.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1346.jpeg
    IMG_1346.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1347.jpeg
    IMG_1347.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1349.jpeg
    IMG_1349.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1350.jpeg
    IMG_1350.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1351.jpeg
    IMG_1351.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1352.jpeg
    IMG_1352.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 9
This sort of thing happens when there is a loose electrical connection someplace. I had this happen on my 2023, and in my case, the bus bar in the engine compartment had a bunch of loose nuts on the terminals allowing the power and ground connections to be intermittent. There are probably a bunch of other things that can cause this also, but I'd start checking the connections in the battery compartment and at the bus bars (power and ground) in the engine compartment (it is on the forward wall just behind the battery box) and tighten up anything loose.

Tightening the bus bar nuts (two of them had backed off completely and were in the bilge) solved my problem for what that's worth.

This sort of thing happens when there is a loose electrical connection someplace. I had this happen on my 2023, and in my case, the bus bar in the engine compartment had a bunch of loose nuts on the terminals allowing the power and ground connections to be intermittent. There are probably a bunch of other things that can cause this also, but I'd start checking the connections in the battery compartment and at the bus bars (power and ground) in the engine compartment (it is on the forward wall just behind the battery box) and tighten up anything loose.

Tightening the bus bar nuts (two of them had backed off completely and were in the bilge) solved my problem for what that's worth.
So I went ahead and ensured all the bus bars were tight, it’s currently out of the water. But now the only constant error is the “Stereo Remote Communication Failure”.

I take delivery of my 222SD this Friday. I was at the dealer looking at the boat this past Friday and they were performing two software updates. One is for the screen shutting down and rebooting. I was aware of this update as it is discussed on one of the forums here. They said the other is for random error messages popping up. Perhaps this is the issue that you are having?

Back