• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH flush help

rsmith7226

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick question for you guys since my dealer didn't go over anything with me. I went to blow out my engines tonight since it's supposed to be in the 20's and was worried about the water freezing and damaging the engines. When I started both engines and tried revving them to blow out any water they both died. I'm not sure why at this point but I want to run them tomorrow with water using the flush ports. My question is do you only hook up one port at a time and run just one engine at a time? The manual doesn't really say. The boat is brand new and hasn't been in the water yet. Thanks for any help! I did try searching and couldn't find anything for the twin engine flush procedures.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I do one st a time.
I tried both but did not get enough water flow.

rsmith7226

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So you just hook up the port side then run only the port side engine. Then switch to the starboard side?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Correct, does not matter which side you start with.

Start engine
turn on water (full blast)
wait 2-4 minutes
turn off water
Turn off engine
disconnect hose
Repeat for the other engine.

rsmith7226

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I ran both engines and flushed them without any issues.

The Good Guy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would consult your owner's manual for specific instructions. I just did it Sunday and there's something about running at a fast idle for a few minutes with water on and going to half throttle for a few seconds after turning water off.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In the winter or in freezing conditions they say rev up to half throttle A few times after you shut the water off to blow any water out.
I leave the tongue of the trailer higher than the stern whenever I leave my boat for a period of time I think there are a few advantages to this.
Water will tend to run to the stern of the boat and out the plug and if there is any water in the engine it will tend to run out exhaust rather than back into the head. Even if someone messed up with the sequence of the hose and the engine a little bit.