• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Mod list and assist

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve received significant help through this forum for my mods. Scoured these pages over and over. So, I’ll give you my mods and if anyone needs pics or assistance, I’d be more than willing.

Riptide 80 lbs trolling motor
Minnkota 3 bank onboard charger
Minnkota AC power port for easy access for charger
T Top mount removable antenna
Console from @JetBoatPilot
Ram mount for marine radio-Favorite mod
Perko Watertight deck connector for radio
Ram mount for Raymarine Dragonfly
Dragonfly transducer mount
Lectro Trim tabs and controller. Thanks @Foobar
RGB LED gunwale lights
4 switch rocker panel
Fuse box

Sheesh. I just realized, I need to stop!

210 FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Ron Zimmerman can you give a little more detail on your gunwale lights? What brand did you go with? How did you wire them (to courtesy light circuit?)? Are you pleased or would you change anything?

rsmith7226

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd be interested in your charger setup and where you placed the charger and the outlet. My 210 fsh should be here on tuesday!

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Heading back from our first gulf coast fishing trip. Will get some pics tomorrow

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So have you had a chance to use the trim tabs? I'm trying to decide on ordering trim tabs or a trolling motor.

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have. Just got back from the gulf for a few days. They worked tremendously. Only needed slight bumps in the trim to right the boat or assist in “cutting” through some swells. As for your decision on trolling motor or trim tabs. Depends on your use of the boat and where. We are primarily midwestern lake fisherman, so, easy decision. Trolling motor, hands down. And, the spot lock anchor feature on the Minnkota Riptide Ulterra is a mindblow. One button tapped and we are “anchored”. In the gulf with 6-8 foot swells, kept us in a holding pattern for 5 hours. Didn’t move a foot and battery had hardly budged. However, if you are a cruiser, tubing, skiing fam, then trim tabs may be the choice. Ballpark, trim tabs are just south of $1000. Trolling motor I mentioned is near $3000.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Ron Zimmerman, If you were to do it again, would you locate the transducer in the same spot vs the trim tabs? Do you get interference at all and if so what conditions?

Thanks!

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I would still install it where I have it now. The only time I get interference is when I am deploying the trim tabs. Usually this is on plane in rough water, so I'm typically not referencing my Axiom Pro.
P.S. I really don't see another location for the transducer to mount anyway.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you for the quick response, I was getting to the same conclusion vs location and I am not buying trim tabs just yet, so I want to make sure I put the transducer in the "right spot" the first time!

I appreciate the help!

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Ron Zimmerman can you please take a few other photos of your tabs and specifically where you had to drill the holes or any pointers that could help. (also what size tabs did you get?)

my tabs came in and I need to install when I get my boat out of storage! thanks in advance!

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is the set I purchased from Lectro Tab. Russ@letrotab.com made sure I got the correct tabs.

Your price for the kit to include:

2) T10x14-8294, stainless tabs 10” cord, 14” across the hinge, side turned up 30 deg.

2) S-BK-13, short, 12 VDC actuator’s with 23’ cable

1) MLC-1 or SLC-11, electronic control with LED’s

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thanks for the info. the tabs I ordered are T 12 x 9 with the hope that I don't experience as much wash since my transducer is close by. can't wait to get my boat back and install!

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That slightly smaller tab might just help. However, I feel like I get more static from the jets than the tabs.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
thanks for the info. the tabs I ordered are T 12 x 9 with the hope that I don't experience as much wash since my transducer is close by. can't wait to get my boat back and install!
I installed my 12x9 tabs and ALC last week. Next time I'm by the boat I'll send some pictures and put a ruler on them. Hopefully it may save you or others some time. Wasn't a bad install, just measure, measure, measure then when your sure, put the drill down and measure again.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Dumbassbass YES!!! my boat is in storage right now at the Fair Grounds, but I get it back early April. This will be my first major install so I may be asking you some questions. Thanks!!!