• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH trolling motor size?

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a deposit on 210 FSH and want to install a trolling motor for use on the Chesapeake Bay.

Any thoughts on an 80# or 112# motor? Thanks!

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have not regretted the 112... then again the 80 might be "enough". Only downside to the 112 is I remove mine for the sake of using the OE premium cover. That damn 112 gets heavy (awkward) if you have to go far with it. I don't really have rough water so the 60" has been fine for me. Others might require more.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Based on weight, I would think 80 pounds of thrust would be fine. I would be more concerned about having a long enough shaft.
However 112 would be even better if it was 24 volt. I would not want 36 volt due to the weight and storage needs of the third battery.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks so much! That's the hard part... variables.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Based on weight, I would think 80 pounds of thrust would be fine. I would be more concerned about having a long enough shaft.
However 112 would be even better if it was 24 volt. I would not want 36 volt due to the weight and storage needs of the third battery.
If you have the means, my single 36v 60ah battery is 45lbs (less that one acid). Also lasts a few full days of fishing before needing a recharge. However, very pricy.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I read your post. Awesome idea. I'm worried about safety... fire. Are the wiring requirements for that battery the same? Just a one bank charger?

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Wow that is pricey! I'll see how well my three batteries do. Thanks. :)

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
No worries on safety with the lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries. They do require a dedicated charger which I also got from the Lithium Battery Store. You won't find a better price. Looked for months. Something to consider though. The lithium batteries are actually cheaper LONG TERM. Also, much less likely to kill or reduce life by over discharging them as a lead acid battery. It's just a bitter pill up front $$$. But wholly hell they are sweet once you go there. My 60ah LiFePO4 battery will power my trolling motor over twice as long as a 120ah lead acid set up and I don't have to worry about beating it up while doing it. Not trying to justify my purchse, did all the reasearch up front before deciding on LiFePO4.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sounds great. If I use the trolling motor a lot I might consider it. I like to look at the total cost of ownership on purchases. Enjoy it!