• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 sport jet won’t rev passed 4000 rpm HELP

robert rodano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I have a sugar sand 4+2 2003 with a 210 sport jet mercury, one day it was running great then took out of the water and went to flush it out and it would not start ( it did crank over). So I had my boat place work on it they said it was bad stator, power packs, and regulator rectifier. They replacedall those parts and it started but would not rev over 3500-4000 rpm. Next they said it was fuel issue and re did carbs and fuel filter and also the timing, but still won’t go over 4000 rpm. Any thoughts JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Sure been a rash of Sugar Sand posts all of a sudden. Are all the magnets under the flywheel present and intact, they are just held with epoxy and can let go. also under the flywheel is a trigger assembly with three coils controlling 2 cylinders each, if that were failing I suppose it could run but not well. Coils, you have 6, I've lost one on my 240 and it ran quite smoothly but with little power, lastly how about something really simple are the plugs good?