• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212 or SX210???

pmayo0311

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Hey all. I have a down payment on a 2022 21’ Yamaha. Initially, I was interested in the 212 but to be honest, I am not loving the new color scheme but could live with it if it’s truly the boat I need. So that’s where you all come in. My wife and I have 4 kids (who are currently below the age of 12) and we like to invite other families with us. So we can often have 10 people on the boat. We also like to slalom ski so we need to get up while loaded to the max. I thought I needed the 212 because of the bigger motors and who doesn’t want more power. I guess I am asking for opinions if the you think the sx210 will be enough or if we need the 212. I am around 210 Lbs and getting up behind our 25 year old underpowered bayliner is a struggle. So with this all in mind please give me your opinions.
Thanks!

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a 212S love it, lots of power. Not to rain on your parade but if you are planning on having 10 people on board often, you might want to look at the Ar250. 10 would be tight on the 21's, I am not saying it can't be done but it will be cozy. I was looking at 24/25 originally but the wife didn't want anything to do with it. She was not exactly excited about the thought of cleaning and covering a 24/25ft boat. We usually have six or seven onboard and that works out great. Also ive never been on a 210 but with 10 in the 212 power wont be an issue. Had 7 teenage boys, my wife and I out once pulling the boys on a tube no issue, I could throw them when ever I wanted. And your kids aren't going to get any smaller.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was on a friend's AR210 earlier this summer (same engines as the SX210). 8 adult males on board (guy's weekend!) and we didn't have trouble getting up wakeboarding or skiing. Seemed to still have plenty of acceleration out of the hole, just that top end speed was reduced (but not to the point that it affected the wakeboarding or skiing). I agree with the above, if you think you'll have 10 people on it regularly you may want to look at an AR250.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe it takes a lot of yank to get up on a slalom so you’d definitely want the bigger engines if you’re going to have 6 people at minimum.

I would never bring 10 people on my 212 for very long. That would be a crowded boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I am fully loaded on my AR210, I have no problem pulling wakeboards or 3 person large tubes, and skiers with power left over. Have no problem in yanking up a slalom skier, lots of low end power. Top end goes down to 35-37ish fully loaded, depending on water conditions. I am also carrying an extra 116lbs in Batteries, 15 lbs on my 4 bank charger and 90 lbs. (I believe) on my trolling motor on the boat as well, in addition to regular gear. Top end for me has been 44mph, with full tank, smooth water, gear and just me and the admiral. With our average crew which is two adults and 2-4 teenage girls we do 40 mph give or take.