• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212S Pricing in Texas

GreyTX

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Afternoon all,

I've been trying to find a 212S for almost a year now and I finally have an opportunity to purchase one. However, I'm very skeptical of the dealer pricing and would appreciate some insight.

I found a dealership outside of Houston who is trying to charge $3600 for freight, $3000 dealer fees, and $800 for the galvanized trailer upgrade bringing the price up to $64,399 from the original msrp of $56,999. I'm probably going to back out but if this standard in the marketplace right now I may have to eat the cost.

I will say, I noticed this particular dealership already named here in this forum for charging extra. Just trying to do as much research as I can. Thanks for all of the posts. I've learned a ton and prepurchased a lot of stuff in preparation for the new boat. Cheers.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Have them itemize the dealer fees. My dealer put the batteries in, supplied anchor, coast guard kit, and deluxe mooring cover. And the get ready, whatever that is.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Afternoon all,

I've been trying to find a 212S for almost a year now and I finally have an opportunity to purchase one. However, I'm very skeptical of the dealer pricing and would appreciate some insight.

I found a dealership outside of Houston who is trying to charge $3600 for freight, $3000 dealer fees, and $800 for the galvanized trailer upgrade bringing the price up to $64,399 from the original msrp of $56,999. I'm probably going to back out but if this standard in the marketplace right now I may have to eat the cost.

I will say, I noticed this particular dealership already named here in this forum for charging extra. Just trying to do as much research as I can. Thanks for all of the posts. I've learned a ton and prepurchased a lot of stuff in preparation for the new boat. Cheers.
That’s a lot for freight and prep! But they’re probably one of the only dealers that has boats left and it’s cause of their prices. Are you willing to wait until next year? How much is it worth to have a boat now? I believe the 21ft boats are getting a redesign next year or maybe the year after due to Covid. Prior to Covid you couldn’t typically get $2k off MSRP including prep and freight. Now that same boat is $8k more. You use to get a left over for $4-$5k under MSRP! I guess it depends on your finances!

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s standard for right now.... but they also don’t have any boats right now, Correct? You do yourself better by waiting or buying a late model used boat and just making sure it has the Extended Warranty. You’re also buying near Houston. Too much stupid money to get a good price, anytime.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yeah it comes down to how bad you want it. Know that the demand for boats will not always be so high and values will come down. We got our 2021 212s for $60k out the door. With mooring cover and painted trailer. Your probably $3k or so high, but that’s normal now. You get a new boat. I’d prefer that to used if I’ve been waiting so long.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For context of how high those prices are, prices at my dealer in NC are $400 for the galvanized trailer upgrade and $2200 for freight/prep/fees. And that was for a 25 foot boat where they actually had to put two batteries in it. $6600 in freight/prep/fees is just nuts. I guess it's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not to have a boat vs waiting.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
100% taxing you. Sad part is someone will pay it.