• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212S v SE v SD

Yamaholic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looking for help! I’m completely new to boating (with a motor). We are a family of 5 with 3 kids under 7. We are settled on at least the 212S due to engine and tower, and are considering the value/benefit of going to either 212SE or 212SD. I’m leaning towards SE right now, and that is primarily due to the upgraded screen and stereo system. Once I get there I’m wondering if I should reach to the SD, and then when I think through that I go back to the S as having what we need without too many frills that can break. Has anyone gone through this process that can assist? Value/benefit of going to SE or SD? Thank you!!!

Yamaholic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
For anyone that comes across this, I went ahead and ordered the 212SE. Now fingers crossed my dealers order isn’t cut. I liked the enhanced technology of the SE over the S for the price point, and after reading as much as I could about drive and also watching videos about maneuvering with the dual throttles, I determined I should be able to manage just fine using the dual throttles to steer/dock (and determined there may be too many options for me with the drive and dual throttle approach in any more stressful situation). I’m sure the drive is great but that’s what I came to.

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We sent through the same decision making process and decided that we couldn't justify the cost of the SD for what we would get over the SE. We ended up ordering the SE.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
For anyone that comes across this, I went ahead and ordered the 212SE. Now fingers crossed my dealers order isn’t cut. I liked the enhanced technology of the SE over the S for the price point, and after reading as much as I could about drive and also watching videos about maneuvering with the dual throttles, I determined I should be able to manage just fine using the dual throttles to steer/dock (and determined there may be too many options for me with the drive and dual throttle approach in any more stressful situation). I’m sure the drive is great but that’s what I came to.
Nice! The only thing I've read about the upgraded Connext System is that there seems to be issues with the audio leveling on the built in unit and, last I read, no real way to upgrade the sound. But if that isn't a concern, enjoy your new boat!

Yamaholic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hmm...fingers crossed that’s not an issue. I don’t tend to upgrade so hopefully works out. I think bigger question will be whether we actually get the boat ordered!