• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X 2019 Steering binds

gsaw1234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We took our relatively knew 212X- 2019 boat out last weekend for the first time since last year. It worked great Saturday and took it out Sunday. When pulling out of the dock noticed the steering was very tight and made a noise. Brought boat back in and inspected everything I could see underneath. On Tuesday spoke to a service tech that said he thought something may have gotten stock between the steering arm and the jet. I reinspected and did not find anything. Does anyone have suggestions? I have attached a photo of the location where the tech thought something may be lodged. Any suggestions. Thank you Greg

Attachments

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you figure out what the problem was? My 2018 just started doing the same thing today.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We took our relatively knew 212X- 2019 boat out last weekend for the first time since last year. It worked great Saturday and took it out Sunday. When pulling out of the dock noticed the steering was very tight and made a noise. Brought boat back in and inspected everything I could see underneath. On Tuesday spoke to a service tech that said he thought something may have gotten stock between the steering arm and the jet. I reinspected and did not find anything. Does anyone have suggestions? I have attached a photo of the location where the tech thought something may be lodged. Any suggestions. Thank you Greg
That's a possible issue if something is trapped in there - maybe use your phone to take videos with a flashlight to see if a small twig or pebble or something else is hiding in there. Could also be the cables are gummed up since it sat for months without use? I will say that spraying silicone lube on the cables/rubber helps to keep everything loose and leaves a film behind to protect the surfaces. Boats are not like cars, you need to spray lube on anything that gets wet regularly to prevent corrosion and rust. I spray all rubber hoses and connections with silicone spray once a week during boating season...keeps everything slick and smooth.