• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212x stock tower racks (assy and dimensions)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For those considering a change to the tower racks on the 212x: I removed mine this week, some info that may be helpful.

The assembly is made up of 6 parts including the large cast X brace. The black brackets simply clamp/compression fit over that brace. There is a small center triangular piece with threaded holes, that cradles into the X brace. The black plates screw in from either side. The outside plate has 2+2 extra holes to mount the rack that is screwed into tapped holes on the rack.

The mounting pattern on this plate is appears to be a 1.75 inch spacing.

I bought this: http://www.diywake.com/origin-black-oval-kneewake-rack ($129.99) I'll trash the black mounting plate it came with, and the forks themselves do align perfectly with the stock Yamaha plate clearance holes.

Breaking the screws free was a chore./ Stainless into Aluminum is a poor combination. It took an impact driver and patience to remove these, One screw broke off. All hardware needs to be replaced. (recommend Fastenal)

gotta say: I like the look of the X-Brace without the rack/forks. I'm going to leave it naked for a while, while I re-powdercoat the black pieces. I may mount the new forks directly to the tower and leave it as is....we'll see

submitted for your enjoyment, good luck.
apologies for the black parts on a black background. If this has value to you I can take different images.
1.jpg 2.JPG

tagging @Englewoodcowboy , I think you were looking into doing this.