• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X wakesurfing SUCCESS today!

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 14 year old son got up and rode the surf today. This was only his 3rd time out and loved the Butter Bar (thanks @J-RAD ). I am still impressed with this setup. This is wakebooster, 100% ballast on port side, 50% ski locker, and 25% starboard, no additional ballast, but we did have two adults on the stern surf side and well over 30’ depth of water. Stoked for him being persistent and now he just keeps asking when are we going out again. Soon it will be my turn.B163F02B-1731-4FE7-9378-E9719AFAA2CF.jpeg5A8FC661-5C90-4280-A23A-7A8DF18E67B0.jpeg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! What a awesome feeling to see them achieve things like this. Better still when they love it!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great job getting him up my son gets up but he can’t seem to drop the rope . We use the same board and I think that is the problem he may need a smaller board. When I surf rope-less The tail of the board is fairly deep in the water and the rope gets slack as soon as we hit 10 to 11 mph . In your pictures the rope is pulling him rather than the wave pushing him same thing happens with my son. The real thrill is dropping the rope

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been really impressed with the surf-ability of the 212x stock, too. This is with the hard tanks filled to 116% (max it would fill before coming out the overfill ports....need to adjust it so it fills to that level normally), and center locker ballast to 107%. It's not a huge wave, but I can go ropeless in stock form. Not a huge or long pocket by any means, but plenty of push on the 5' coaster, 185lbs, at 11mph, in 14-20ft of water. I need to get better. You can see here I'm hard on the brakes to keep from being pushed into the back of the boat. LOL!.
FB_IMG_1591214915404.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congratulations! it's great when the kids can get over a hurdle, as said above, once you drop the rope it's exponentially more fun,

Have him watch some videos of where people are on the wave, not crazy moves but just cruising, I know those are just snaps shots but also as stated above, he needs to be more in the wave and also his front foot will need to be ALOT heavier,

that wave and board should easily be adequate for him and you,

keep us updated!

Gunghoe9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
congratulations! it's great when the kids can get over a hurdle, as said above, once you drop the rope it's exponentially more fun,

Have him watch some videos of where people are on the wave, not crazy moves but just cruising, I know those are just snaps shots but also as stated above, he needs to be more in the wave and also his front foot will need to be ALOT heavier,

that wave and board should easily be adequate for him and you,

keep us updated!

That’s all he’s been doing, watching videos trying to learn. Glad he’s where’s at in such a short amount of time.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He's doing great. I think he's going to pick it up quick. He just needs to toe into the bottom of the wave. He'll feel the push and level out his stance real quick I think.