• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212X Waterski Rack

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have noticed there are several nice looking waterski racks buy different aftermarket mfgs but it would appear everyone of them is designed to be installed on tubing. With the 212X, we don't really have the option of installing an aftermarket racks on tubing (unless its on the lower member). Has anyone had any success with adding a waterski rack to the 212x?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I added a monster tower waterski rack. I'll post a picture of where I mounted it next time I'm out in my garage. I'm fighting the flu right now so just trying to lay low at the moment.

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Interesting, I would certainly be curious where you put it. Although if you did use the tubular mount, the more I look at it, it may not be a bad option as you could put it underneath the wakeboard racks and not lose any space. At this point, I seem to have more ski's that go with me than anything else. I could almost see putting two waterski racks (for four skis) and just leaving the wakeboard rack on the other side.

On a different note, if you do want to sell your boat, I saw someone on the other site looking for a 212X in red in the Minnesota area...

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey Derrick - hope you are feeling better. The snow is slowly starting to leave here and that means the bug will be setting in pretty soon! Let me know when you get a chance to take a picture of that monster ski rack - quite curious where you put it and also if it affects operation of the tower being lowered (my boat is also kept in garage and tower has to be dropped every time).

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I lower my tower for the garage but then I hold it up with a pvc pole I made when it's in the garage. My garage ceiling is 10.5 feet tall so lots of room. Wednesday is my busiest day of the week so I didn't get home until after dark. Thursday I should have a chance to snap a picture. I mount it on the front left tower support tube so it's essentially in front of the tower but off to the side of the boat. It worked really well there last summer. The only thing I had to be careful of is snagging one my VeVe guide when launching or retrieving. Usually I would have a helper watch it or I would just mount the skis after launch or take down before retrieval. The rack has a quick connect.

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great pics... is it fully adjustable? (ie. mount it in any direction or on any angle) I saw this stand today, I know its a worth a few dollars more than yours, but actually seems like a decent value. Obviously this tower folds forward, but the pole is adjust so it should work fine in the 212X. Where we boat I have to go through some bridges where the tower has to be lowered. It is a bit of a pain but this I do believe would help. My boat is in storage still (emailed them Friday though... getting the itch). When your tower drops to parallel or so, would this stand still be on the floor or is the top of the tower too far towards the back of the boat?

BT-TWRSTD-PA-1.jpgBT-TWRSTD-PA-4.jpg

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The water ski rack quick release has a square post so there are a limited number of configurations to put on. The tower stand you show above would not work on the floor, but might work on the spot where the middle back seat goes.