• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

215 HO Impulse preview this time

Chad Jensen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Been a couple weeks of work travel and family visits, but I finally got over to the dealer to check out the 215 HO Impulse late last week. Unfortunately I didn't have time to grab a demo, but I did get a walk around tour of it. The extra space is noticeable over the 195, but I'm not sure it's that much of a difference. It seems what it would come down to if I were choosing between the two would be the power available.

The Milwaukee and Chicago boat shows over the winter will be a good opportunity to see what kind of incentives are offered...and to better compare to the Yamaha's. There is a Yamaha dealer here in Oshkosh as well, but I haven't had time to go check out the '15's yet. On my to do list...

Here is the 215 HO Impulse sitting in the lot, behind it is a Tige and then the 195 HO, then a 165-

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good looking boat. Huge swim platform. I might prefer a double axle trailer on a 21' though.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree on the tandem trailer @SCSTWG , I even brought it up at the dealer when I saw the 215 for the first time. They do offer a tandem as an option for both the 195 and the 215. But really should be standard on anything above the 195. Im also a believer that if you have 2 engines, there should be two batteries with two separate cut off switches.

Ill tell you guys I love my 195, but the 215 was not available when I purchased mine. I would have gone with the 215 with the 250HP engines for the most bang for the buck. Its also nice to be able to have a spare engine if you plan on doing some ocean going especially on trips like Bimini.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know owners of 21' I/O's that have single-axle trailers, so I guess it isn't unheard of. The jetboats are also a little lighter, so I am sure that is a factor as well. When is the 255 coming out? I was just at a boat show and was surprised not to see it there.