• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

215 HO Performance Check

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
All, my 215 HO finally went over 10 hours and had the post break-in service performed (we are now at 15 hours). My question to the community is the following: I was finally able to open the throttle all the way... What do you see in terms of performance from a 215 HO (200 HP engines) - My engines are maxing at 7000 RPM wide open and a speed of 45 mph (calm day). Is this consistent to what you are seen in your boats? I thought 8000 RPM was the number for the 200 HP version.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rick215HO You should be at 8k rpm at full throttle. Here is an HO IMpulse with the twin 200hp. The 7k rpm is what its supposed to be during break in. You may need to reset your computer, and check it again. Hold the select and mode buttons together for 6 seconds while in ignition mode without starting the engine. Then turn on the boat, but wait for the ecu to cycle (guage sweep). Try and see if this fixes your rpm issue.

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Is this "break-in" period something that's programmed into the boat, and once you get past an initial amount of hours it will realease full power? If so, is that somthing specific to the 215 and up in the Scarab line?

I'm just wondering because I'm not yet past the 6 hour mark on my 195 HO Impulse and what I get from this forum is that 10 hours should be where break-in stops.

Rob

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
That extra 1k should get you to break 50 mph.
I want to get someone on here with twin 250 that wants to give me a test ride.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Quick update on this one... It turns out the dealer had matched an 215HO description to a 215 boat serial number, so while I thought I bought a 215HO, it was actually just a 215 (no superchargers). In the end the dealer did a great job at rectifying the situation. Now I could tell the difference in the various details of the two boats (215 vs 215HO) but I could not tell back when I bought the boat. This may have been a one-off but be careful...

215Larry

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How do they rectify selling you the wrong boat? My dealer said the 215 HO should break 60mph and the 250 67mph

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
67? Kmp or mph? I have not heard that. I wish! But I recall 55-60. I hope I'm wrong tho

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How do they rectify selling you the wrong boat? My dealer said the 215 HO should break 60mph and the 250 67mph
The boat was replaced.

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have 215 ho impluse With around 4 adults and gear can get 55mph.

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Quick update on this one... It turns out the dealer had matched an 215HO description to a 215 boat serial number, so while I thought I bought a 215HO, it was actually just a 215 (no superchargers). In the end the dealer did a great job at rectifying the situation. Now I could tell the difference in the various details of the two boats (215 vs 215HO) but I could not tell back when I bought the boat. This may have been a one-off but be careful...
Ugh, I had a very similar experience:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/215-engine-options.6419/

Adam Rusek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
215 HO Impulse w/250's. I hit 55 with 3 adults/2 kids.

Capt. Disaster

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
16 215HO Impulse, 16 hours. Top speed in perfect conditions with two adults = 57mph. Four kids and two dogs = 55 mph.