• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

215 owners check your engine heights

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just recently went to put my boat in the water for the season and fired the port side motor only to hear a blood curdling scream from what I thought was the motor or super charger etc. I brought it in at the end of 2016 to have this looked at but the dealer dropped the ball and forgot to look at the issue. So I have since whent to put my 215 HOI in the water ( with 25 hrs on it) for this season and again, same screaming noise from the port motor. I immediately shut it down and took it to BACK to a dealer near me in ny. Come to find out that the port motor is mounted and inch or so higher than the starboard motor and tilted forward causing the drive shaft to rub . They tried taking the shims out etc only to make the alignment worse. They suspect something may be wrong with the mold. ?See pic and look closely at the right motor. I'll try and post more pics later . anyhow , communication and support between the dealer , me and scarab has been great. A factory rep has called me 2 x so far to update me . They are shipping my boat back to the factory in Michigan by freight under warranty sometime in the near future to fix it or?? I just wanted to put this out for anyone owning a 2016 year 215 impulse HOI. You may to check yr engine heights.

Attachments

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
In the picture, are you trying to show that the right engine looks a little higher than the left? If so, maybe I see that. You could lay a level across the black plastic piece that runs fore and aft on top of the each engine for a better way to show this. (Assuming everything else is level, trailer etc.) Is there another way to identify the mounting problem for those of us that have this specific model?
Also, you had no problems until the 25 hour point?

Please give us more information when you can. This could be very bad.

Thanks,

Walt

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
In the picture, are you trying to show that the right engine looks a little higher than the left? If so, maybe I see that. You could lay a level across the black plastic piece that runs fore and aft on top of the each engine for a better way to show this. (Assuming everything else is level, trailer etc.) Is there another way to identify the mounting problem for those of us that have this specific model?
Also, you had no problems until the 25 hour point?

Please give us more information when you can. This could be very bad.

Thanks,

Walt
My dealer did put a level across two points on both motors in th engine compartment after they leveled the boat and took pics of it with the level on it and it was definitely off level. I did see the photos in person yesterday that they took and sent to the factory. I tried to take some rough measurements from different points on both motors if you can make sense of them??? But just looking at the first pic of the two motors ; it's clear to see the difference without even measuring . the right motor without question is tilted up and towards the front of the boat. And yes approximately 25 ish hours at the end of last season is when I first stareded hearing the noise. The seadoo tech said it may be fine and wear its way in and or it may destroy the splines and the drive shaft? 50/50? So I didn't want to take the chance of having further problems seeing that it is still under warranty. Any further info I will pass on . Let me know how you make out after looking at yr boat. Ty

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When I get a chance I'll take a look at mine to see if I can tell if there is a difference in the mounting positions.
Please keep us informed on what you find out.

Walt

Last edited:

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Will do man. Also let me know if yr motors are ok. I hope they are . Not sure where yr from but in ny the boating season is only about 3 months long so I'm hoping this shit gets fixed quick.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie0471 You need to make sure they replace the carbon seal on that engine's pump. The carbon seal will wear prematurely if the engine isnt aligned to the pump, and it will start to take in water. Good luck with your repairs.

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thx for the info. I fwd them an email saying just that. The boat is back at the factory as we speak. As to the outcome , who knows.......?