• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

24 vs 21 Limited SE 18-20

Beernut0875

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
All- First post so go easy on me. Im looking to buy an 18-20 Limited SE. I am leaning towards the 24 for the room, and based on most comments about going larger. My question seems fairly subjective due to weight etc, but feedback is welcomed. For context, I dont see more than 4-6 people going out in total with the normal gear and ice chests. I'm aware they both have the same engines and HP, but for compairson... Under same water/ wind conditions, does the 21ft feel noticably faster, like more HP and torque because it is smaller than the 24? Less weight etc... Or am I over thinking it?

Also- any particular issues or enhancments that are substancial between those years for the 242 SE? Things to consider?
I have learned a bunch already appreciate all the input.

If you can afford it go 24! Ride, room, comfort...a big difference! 3 feet doesn't sound like much, but the difference is dramatic.

Yes, and you also gain alot of new friends with a boat.?

All- First post so go easy on me. Im looking to buy an 18-20 Limited SE. I am leaning towards the 24 for the room
:Welcome:
If you can swing it, more room is always good. We opted for the 21' 212s model for the layout, seating, features, engines, and we didn't need any bigger since it's usually just the wife and I, and sometimes guests of 2-3. We probably would have been happy with the 19' but I wanted the twin engines and joystick while the wife wanted the deeper freeboard. The 21' is much bigger/deeper than the 19' and rides much better. The 24' would ride slightly better than the 21' due to more weight.

The 24' models perform similar to the 21' models with the same engines. I'm sure the 21' will accelerate a bit better due to less weight, but the 24' will still launch well thanks to the twins. Top speeds are similar too if that matters. I've heard the 24' hits 51mph and I've hit 53mph in mine. But 99% of the time we're at cruising speeds 25-30mph which is the sweet spot for fuel consumption and noise levels with these engines.

The SE models have bigger bimini tops and some electronic features, but are basically the same as the regular 24' models for usability.

I would not change my 2018 LSE for anything that does not have that huge bimini, and the e throttles are a dream. Do it. No regrets.

24' - it will also ride better in chop.

The room is always better.

That being said it is a lot more boat to clean lol

Back