• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

240 Series Owners

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Do you guys and gals believe that most 240 series owners are on these forums?????

I am newer here and have been watching the classifieds daily, and am not seeing as many 240 series boats for sale as I figured there might be.

I will be in the market in a month or so. Am I wrong to be looking this early??? I believe I have narrowed down what I am looking for, but have not seen very many at all for sale.

I will be willing to travel up to 750 miles away from Middle TN. when and if the right boat at the right price comes along.

Are there other places besides here, FB Market place and Craigslist to look for 242's????

Thanks for any responses.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finding a boat this year isn't easy. Everyone and their uncle is buying boats because you can't go on vacation. Boats, camper and RV's are sold out in a lot of places.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ended up selling my 17 SX240 to a guy that drove 20ish hours round trip to buy it.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My plan is to sell mine by the end of the year. It's not going to be a steal for anyone but I will price it fairly. I had crazy offers for it 3-4 months ago but just couldn't let it go. We love using it every weekend right now. 2019 AR240 80ish hours tons of upgrades!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also keep in mind, until the 2021 model year, the 240 series were top of the food chain. Those upgrading were moving to one with more options, or just a newer model year. But most of us have no real reason to "upgrade" as the gain is not worth the cost to change.

And no, people in forums think they have a large sample of all the owners. But to be honest, many owners, that have no issues, never go looking for forums. As many of us know, the very reason we may have even looked for a forum like this was in response to our first question or problem.

heck, look at how many folks on those multiple facebook groups that don't even know this forum exists. Let alone know how to use a search engine to find answers to the most common questions.

What gets me are the comments based on the amount of posts they see here on a particular problem. That member bias has to be considered when someone takes a guess at how severe an issues is, and the percentage of actual owners it may effect. Since the folks with the problem will usually come here, but those without the problem may never show up here.

I digress, but those looking to sell, may not post. Putting up a "wanted" ad is not out of the question. As those thinking about it, but fear the hassle of selling privately, may speak up.

Good luck!

specracer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Do you guys and gals believe that most 240 series owners are on these forums?????

I am newer here and have been watching the classifieds daily, and am not seeing as many 240 series boats for sale as I figured there might be.

I will be in the market in a month or so. Am I wrong to be looking this early??? I believe I have narrowed down what I am looking for, but have not seen very many at all for sale.

I will be willing to travel up to 750 miles away from Middle TN. when and if the right boat at the right price comes along.

Are there other places besides here, FB Market place and Craigslist to look for 242's????

Thanks for any responses.
Phil Dill Boats in Lewisville, TX (Northern Dallas/Fort Worth) just prepped the local Yamaha rep’s 2020 242XE for sale as new with factory warranty. Saw it in the wash bay today, clean boat. Call and ask for Chris Rodgers or sales.

\\\Wolverine///

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I may be moving from Key West to Pensacola, Florida in a month or so. If I do I'll be selling my 2016 242 Limited S E-Series in favor of buying a tractor loader backhoe for the property. I bought the boat here in the Keys to be able to access nice water and sand bars (beaches suck). Up in Pensacola there are plenty of beaches so later I will probably buy a small outboard fishing boat and just rent a pontoon or something from the marina in the Navy base should I need to entertain more than myself and my wife.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a few for sale here in NJ on facebook marketplace , specifically a 2017 and 2019 ar 240