• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 bluetooth

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok this might be a dumb question but it is driving me crazy! I have a 2014 242ls and can't figure out how to pair the bluetooth. I can't even find it in the clarion's menu. I went to their website and does not list bluetooth as an option. Anybody have any ideas?

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I spent about 30 minutes trying, but failed to pair (for that matter, even failed to see the radio in an iphone 5).

Some have said if you disconnect the battery, the radio will reset and you can pair again. Apparently, with this radio, it can only pair to one device at a time, and you will need to disconnect the battery every time you want to use a different device.

Please report back if you get it working and what you did.

Thanks,

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think your radio is bluetooth capable but still requires a separate module? My Clarion in my 2013 AR - now my Fusion - said the same thing. Just like it's Sirius ready/capable but you have to have the sirius/xm module - sold separately.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I copied this from another post. I am certainly no expert but it worked.

I could not get my blue tooth working on my 2014 242 LS either when I first got it but my dealer had to come by and install a couple of things a week later. That particular service guy was familiar with this problem and told me that every new Yamaha coming off the line with bluetooth is linked to one bluetooth device of the person who is testing its functionality. He told me that to reset the bluetooth connection that you had to turn the batteries off and unplug the aux 2 rca cables. Then turn the batteries on and replug in the aux 2 rca cables. He said that the system isn't capable of being paired with multiple devices so you would have to go through this method everytime you would want to pair a different mp3 bluetooth device to your radio system.

I have not validated if there are indeed other and easier ways of doing this but I do know that I have performed his method a couple of times and it worked both times. I have a number of vehicles that have bluetooth functionality but none as odd as this IF what this service guys says is true.

Anyone know any different methods than this? I would love an easier way to pair new devices as we usually like to pass around DJ responsibilities.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Great thanks! Just to clarify do I need to purchase the bluetooth adapter or is it ready from the factory?

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't say for other models but my 2014 242 LS was definitely factory ready/

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I was briefly on a 2014 242 Limited S and I did see, right next to the USB plug, a Bluetooth sticker. I'm only assuming that this implied it was ready to go for a bluetooth connection, contrary to what I said in my earlier post above. I believe yours is ready to go!

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool thanks for all the help. I just took it back to storage but will try next week!

Jerry Ferrera

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did we ever get any clarification on this? I would love to use my blue tooth.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it does work. You set it up on Aux 1 but use Aux 2 to listen to your Bluetooth device. It is not very user friendly but once set up it works fine. I Bluetooth satellite radio from my phone.

bottman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2010 242LS didn't have Bluetooth and the headphone cable was an annoyance.

http://www.amazon.com/Fusion-MS-BT100-Bluetooth-Dongle-Marine/dp/B00CUMQU50

Wifey got my that last year and its perfect. Previous owner had put a second 12v outlet behind the cluster so I cut up an old cell phone charger, wired it to the fusion and plugged it into the AUX AV input. Bluetooth!

My only complaint is that I have to manually connect to it each time I'm on my boat. Not a big deal. Range is pretty good being tucked under the cluster and the 3M tape has held it in place without any signs of losing its adhesion.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes it does work. You set it up on Aux 1 but use Aux 2 to listen to your Bluetooth device. It is not very user friendly but once set up it works fine. I Bluetooth satellite radio from my phone.
Have the 2014 242 Limited S too and yes it is ready for Bluetooth however mine was not Satellite radio ready had to add the antennae for satellite. Using instructions from above it does work and you can change devices this way too without turning off batteries or pulling wires.

I had assumed it was Bluetooth ready and Satellite radio ready both when purchased and even dealer told me it was. You would expect nothing less from a $50k+ boat but lesson learned. Dealer added the satellite antennae at their expense since they told me it was originally equipped.

Jlouden

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My 2010 242LS didn't have Bluetooth and the headphone cable was an annoyance.

Amazon.com: Fusion MS-BT100 Bluetooth Dongle for Fusion Marine Stereo Head Units: FUSION: Sports & Outdoors

Wifey got my that last year and its perfect. Previous owner had put a second 12v outlet behind the cluster so I cut up an old cell phone charger, wired it to the fusion and plugged it into the AUX AV input. Bluetooth!

My only complaint is that I have to manually connect to it each time I'm on my boat. Not a big deal. Range is pretty good being tucked under the cluster and the 3M tape has held it in place without any signs of losing its adhesion.
Having trouble getting the unit to ground. Any help would be great

Cardfan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have the 2014 242 Limited S too and yes it is ready for Bluetooth however mine was not Satellite radio ready had to add the antennae for satellite. Using instructions from above it does work and you can change devices this way too without turning off batteries or pulling wires.

I had assumed it was Bluetooth ready and Satellite radio ready both when purchased and even dealer told me it was. You would expect nothing less from a $50k+ boat but lesson learned. Dealer added the satellite antennae at their expense since they told me it was originally equipped.
Exactly how do you connect your phone. I have a 2014 limited s. Clarion stereo

tocelli

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Exactly how do you connect your phone. I have a 2014 limited s. Clarion stereo
What I did this weekend was to power on my radio and select Aux1 or Aux 2 I can't remember for sure but do the same if the first one doesn't work. Then I turned off the bluetooth on my iphone and then back on as well and it located a new device mine was called AW3860 then i connected to it and bluetooth worked.

Cardfan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yea i tried this under aux 1 and 2. Phone does even see the radio much less pair. Very frustrating

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Digging up a old thread here... I was having the same problem with mine (couldnt get bluetooth to connect). Following the advice of this thread I looked at the aux inputs and found AUX1 which appears to go to the headphone jack. AUX is plugged into a short pigtail which leads to what appears to be a bluetooth module, even has a part number on it that starts with "BT". I unplugged both and plugged them back in and suddenly my phone located the same AW3860 device. It connected while the headunit was on AUX1 and when I switched to AUX2 I had audio playing from my pandora app.

The down side is if the phone isn't within about 20inches of the stereo it looses connection, even when it is sitting in the cup holder it looses connection repeatedly. I am thinking about ordering a new bluetooth adapter and just replacing the one thats in there. I like the looks of the Exile audio adapter mentioned above, would be nice not to have to tap into power and ground but maybe thats why they are able to claim a 33' range. anyone have another suggestion for a different bluetooth receiver?