• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Limited height on trailer

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Does anyone know for sure the height of a 2012 242 Limited on a trailer? I can find several post about the Limited S, but what about without the tower? I believe the tower even folded is slightly higher than the windshield on the Limited S, but are the windshield heights the same on the Limited and the Limited S? I can also find the specs for new boats, but I am not sure if that is same as a 2012. I am just wondering if it will fit in a 8ft door, and the boat is in storage and I cannot get to it to measure. Thanks in advance. Think Spring.....:)

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You might check around and see if you can find the original Yamaha brochures as that is usually listed on them. My 242x is about 11.5 feet with the tower up. I believe there's a big Yamaha dealer up in Red Wing (I saw their ads when I was in the market) and you may go to their parts/service dept and ask them...they may have that stat too...

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it should be the same as Sx240 which is exactly 7 feet and 10 inches. I know this very very well and I had to rebuild my garage to be able to clear and 8 foot door.