• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Limited SE Amp Upgrade

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm picking up a 2019 242 Limited SE tomorrow and I want to replace the factory wetsounds HTX-6-DSP amp with my JL M700/5 amp. I'm seeing online that there aren't RCA's from the factory Fusion MSRA-70NSX, but they sell a harness Amazon.com

Then I would need long RCA's. I would like to get everything done this weekend so I'm thinking to make my own harness at the amp and use the existing wires. Like cut and solder my own RCA's on there. Has anyone done this with success? Anyone have a service manual with a wiring diagram? Is there a remote wire from the Fusion unit?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Should work fine with the M700/5... it can take high or low level inputs through RCA. Though I would wait and do it clean.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up waiting. I found 23ft wetsounds 6-CH RCA on sale, no tax, $54 with coupon code if anyone is looking. Idk the coupon code, I use the capital one shopping plugin and it automatically searches for coupon codes. Links below for what I needed to install.

For anyone that is looking to do this: The JL M700/5 fits on the left side and I was able to screw into the existing glass/wood and use the existing wiring. Then ran the 23ft RCA cables from the swim platform's head unit to the amp. I installed the bass remote, JL Audio MHD-RLC to the right of the connext dial, but the dash was too thick. I ended up using 2-way tape to mount the remote to the dash and ran the wire through the hole to the amp.

The results are good. I tuned it quickly and now there's excellent bass from the factory wetsounds sub. Enough that the fiberglass panel is vibrating quite a bit. If you're an audiophile you may want to reinforce the fiberglass there.

IMG_3800.jpg

Last edited: