• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242LS Tower LEDs

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone replaced the tower LEDs with a different color?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone replaced the tower LEDs with a different color?
This is a GREAT question. It might actually help some of the "brightness complaints" that have been voiced from time to time.
Hoping this thread continues. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought I've seen a list somewhere on the internet that detailed the LED replacement bulb for stock Yamaha bulbs. I was looking for that or a similar list to see if the tower LEDs were listed. However, I can't find that and honestly it may have been for my truck instead of the boat... I'm going to see what details I can find from a Yamaha parts list, and see if I can match it up.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, so looking up parts and I get to pick from three different 2012 242LS models...

2012-242-limited-sxt1800gl
2012-242-limited-sxt1800hl

Does anyone happen to know the difference?

WOW!!!!! $25.83 for one LED light

. .Light, Room 1

F2D-U8124-10-00

$25.83

Last edited:

ITgeek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, so looking up parts and I get to pick from three different 2012 242LS models...

2012-242-limited-sxt1800gl
2012-242-limited-sxt1800hl

Does anyone happen to know the difference?

WOW!!!!! $25.83 for one LED light

. .Light, Room 1

F2D-U8124-10-00

$25.83

Hi, Did you ever get an answer to the difference between the 2012-242-limited-sxt1800gl and 2012-242-limited-sxt1800hl?

Chris

Scooter442

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have looked into this last week with my local stereo shop who says they can get them but the supplier is out of stock. I am working on getting a model number and manufacturer.

ITgeek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have looked into this last week with my local stereo shop who says they can get them but the supplier is out of stock. I am working on getting a model number and manufacturer.

For the boat model # i was reading last night that there is a label inside the engine compartment, on the passenger side, that details whether it is a sxt1800gl or a sxt1800hl. I have not checked this out, my boat is about an hour away,

ITgeek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey i checked my boat, the black label is in the engine compartment on the lower right side. Also, i was speaking to a dealer about the G-L vs H-L and he pretty sure that has to do with what type of trailer the boat originally came with.

small0200713_165741.jpg

Last edited:

Scooter442

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Per Yamaha the bulb # is F2D-U8124-10-00. Of course this is Yamaha's part # and maybe someone with LED Bulb experience is able to cross reference it so we know what bulbs can be plug and play..

Scooter442

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I contacted superbrightleds and they do not have a replacement for this bulb yet as it appears to be a yamaha only bulb. They are going to send it to their R&D Department to see if they can produce the same bulb in various colors. If they get enough response it might happen..