• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242X Ballast Bag

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know there are a ton of posts about these ballasts but I couldn't find one to directly answer my question.

I just test-drove a 242X today, the ballast tanks didn't seem to work correctly (part of it my user error from not knowing and I am buying it from a dealer who took it on trade so they're not fully aware of how to do it)

I have a few questions, to recalibrate the system, the boat has to be in the water right? even for emptying?

Also if you're trying to fill all the bags at once, I read that has to be done by the joystick? so if its on any driving mode and you just tap "fill bags" by touch screen it won't work? I am just curious if you have to fully set up a driving mode first?

Does anyone have directions how to set it all up correctly? The system wouldn't let me do a reset today so I am assuming I'm doing that wrong too :(
SOS

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As you can see, the screen never goes Grey meanwhile the bags are empty when you look at them

Attachments

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This thread below has some good info about calibration post # 13

They are a little sketchy always try powering down and restarting .My son has made a few cables with connectors that you can use to unplug and energize directly from the battery this is good for trouble shooting, recalibration and winterization they will be posted in the classifieds soon

https://jetboaters.net/threads/242-x-ballast-questions.15236/

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you! Still curious if it didn’t work today because I was using the touch screen. Should that be the case?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I use my touch screen for it all the time. That should not be the case.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ah okay. I gotta start by trying to recalibrate it tomorrow. It should really be up to the dealer but they’re not a Yamaha dealer so I’m just trying to figure it out I guess