• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x Ballast Filling Question??

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I took the 242 out for it's inaugural trip this past weekend but have a couple of questions regarding the internal ballast.

First off, the center and starboard ones leaked a little bit over the course of the weekend. Enough so that I had to take them out to dry the compartments after the weekend. I didn't notice when and how the center one leaked until after it did on the third day out. The starboard one leaked early on from what I think is an over-flow valve (the black button/breather on it) not the inlet port. I say this, as the black button is on the top, and I noticed water on the top of the bag on the first day. Thoughts

Second, it appears the Port bag (behind the batteries) gives me different readings. When I first start out in the morning, all three fill/drain arrows are white. When filling or draining, there is also a red arrow indicating the drain/fill direction. After the first fill/drain, the port bag shows green arrows. Below is a pic I snapped of the difference this weekend.

Do any of you know what may be causing this? I did notice this bag didn't inflate nearly as "full" as the other two bags this weekend and the only thing I can think of is that the system is trying to tell me that's the case.

I've also asked my dealer but haven't heard back on it yet.

Again...thoughts from those who have more experience with these bags?

Thanks!

Attachments