• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

242X E Series Tower How to Tilt/Lower Help

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just got the 2018 242XE and I’m not sure If tower is fully up or not? I think it is but not sure. There are 2 pins in the back of the tower and then there is black spin nob under the tower that looks like it connects the 2 tower frames together. No clue what all these pieces do or how to raise and lower. Thanks in advance!

At the tower, those t-top pins are keyed to twist 180 degrees and pop out. I believe there's a white dot that you line up with a notch in the hole, but I'm not 100% sure.

The spin knob - is that the one up at the top of the tower? If so, that's to adjust the angle of the bimini. You should have it released if the bimini comes into contact with the windshield.

The tower is equipped with gas struts to minimize the need for someone to catch the tower as it comes down, but they're quite strong and you need to pull the tower down to get it to its lowest possible state.

If the pins are in at the back, it’s up all the way.

If you need to lower it, you should have 3 aluminum brackets. 2 will go in the back to wedge between the pin hole at the base and the tower to secure it in place. Just looks like an aluminum bar with a hole in both ends. The 3rd funky shaped piece is used to secure the bimini when tower is in folded position.

If you need to lower it, you should have 3 aluminum brackets. 2 will go in the back to wedge between the pin hole at the base and the tower to secure it in place. Just looks like an aluminum bar with a hole in both ends. The 3rd funky shaped piece is used to secure the bimini when tower is in folded position.
I'm happy with my dealership experience overall, but I'm still a little annoyed that they pitched the shipping cover and tower shipping brackets. To be fair, the boat we bought last year was their floor model and sat in their showroom for months, but I still wish I had those parts.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I don’t have those bars unfortunately. Maybe something I could order? Are they necessary when lowering the tower?

So if I want to change pitch/angle of Bimini top I just unscrew the black knob all the way till it comes off then I can tilt it then screw it back in once it’s in new position. And if I want to lower it I take out back pins and it will lower down slowly on its own then put pins back in? Both I can do by myself and nothing to sorry about? Thanks again for the quick help

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I don’t have those bars unfortunately. Maybe something I could order? Are they necessary when lowering the tower?

So if I want to change pitch/angle of Bimini top I just unscrew the black knob all the way till it comes off then I can tilt it then screw it back in once it’s in new position. And if I want to lower it I take out back pins and it will lower down slowly on its own then put pins back in? Both I can do by myself and nothing to sorry about? Thanks again for the quick help
You can order from a parts website. Or, post on here or FB... there may be someone that will never encounter a reason to use them and would sell theirs.

It’s better with 2 people. You’ll need to pull it down and hold it. If I don’t put the brackets in, it will return to the up position. Bimini only has 2 positions. You just unscrew the knob then lower/raise it and flip the little bracket to the alternate position and screw it back down.

I talked the dealer into saving the Aluminum rods and the shipping cover off f the next one he got in. Claims they just get rid of them. I know most say dont travel with tower down, but that is how Yamaha ships them. so, when I take A long trip I put them in.

I talked the dealer into saving the Aluminum rods and the shipping cover off f the next one he got in. Claims they just get rid of them. I know most say dont travel with tower down, but that is how Yamaha ships them. so, when I take A long trip I put them in.
They said they would try to do that for me, however, mine was the last 242 series boat they ever sold new; they didn't get any more during the summer and then switched over to the 2021 models. Ah well.

Any pics with the brackets installed?

Back