• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242X E Shorlandr wiring replacement

Bigplanet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wiring got shredded as it comes out the front of the trailer. Anyone know what replacement wiring will fit this trailer?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could just buy a universal 5 pin trailer harness and splice it in. I got rid of the flat five and wired in a heavy duty 7 pin round so i dont need an adapter anymore
20220731_144648.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It is basic wiring - anything will work. Pretty easy fix.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The wiring harness has a 3 way plug just after it goes to the Y split off on the rails. Mine was destroyed by salt water and the triple plug was not available anywhere cut that off and just run new wiring from that point forward very simple.

20200822_094401.jpg

Bigplanet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Simple enough. Thanks for the replies! Really like the idea of just splicing in a 7 pin... no more losing those adapters!